Mix: Stanford, Hickman, eBooks, Nokia, iPodStyles
During his commencement speech at Stanford University Sunday, Apple CEO Steve Jobs told graduates that dropping out of college was one of the best decisions he ever made, and that when he was diagnosed with cancer, his doctor initially told him he only had three-to-six months to live. “Your time is limited so don’t let it be wasted living someone else’s life,” Jobs said.
In an article on Inside Bay Area, Speck Products general manager Tim Hickman talks about the birth of his company’s new iGuy iPod case.
Make magazine’s Phillip Torrone has posted a guide to creating eBooks for your iPod.
Nokia announced today that its new mobile web browser for its Series 60 Platform is based on the same open source components that Apple uses in its Safari browser. “Nokia intends to continue its collaboration with Apple and actively participate in the open source community to further develop and enhance these components, contributing Nokia’s expertise in mobility,” the company said.
iPodStyles has launched a design competition in which designers will have a chance to win iPod shuffles and earn recurring income, and customers will get to vote for the designs that they would like and want to purchase.
- Mix: EU iPhone Preorders, In-Cell Patent, Jobs’ Home Theft
- Mix: iCloud suit, iTunes TOS, Airplane Crash, iPad at Saks
- Mix: Air Guitar, Infinite Loop, Tardis Case, Loop Nano
- Mix: iPad 3, Semiconductors, Foxconn, 2011 ADAs
- Mix: Universal, iCloud icon, Apple retail, The Beatles
- Mix: Explosion, France Telecom, Freescale, Samsung
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple says factory conditions unrelated to worker’s death
- Apps: Angry Birds Go, GTA: San Andreas, The Room 2 + Sonic 2 3.0
- Samsung denied Apple ban in S. Korea
- Apple TV adds ABC, Bloomberg, Crackle, KORTV
- AT&T CEO: Bye, device subsidies, hello financing
- Apple hires radio exec for iTunes Radio
- Apps: 12 Days of Gifts, The Animal Alphabet Singers, Drawing Together + FIFA
- China Labor Watch seeks investigation of Pegatron deaths
- Dec. 20 deadline for CES Best of Show Submissions
- Report: Forstall advising startups, involved in philanthropy
- Audio-Technica ATH-CKX9iS SonicFuel In-Ear Headphones
- Kanex Foldable iDevice Stand
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- Belkin APEX360 Advanced Protection Case for iPad mini
- STM Grip 2 for iPad Air
- CM4 Slite Card Case for iPhone 5c
- Newer Technology NuGuard KX for iPad Air + iPad mini
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store