Mix: Stargate, iPod eBooks, Front lines, Sewing patterns
MGM announced today that it has made current episodes of the hit science fiction/adventure series Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis available from the iTunes Music Store. Starting today, the first five episodes of Stargate SG-1 season 10 and the first five episodes of Stargate Atlantis season 3 will be available, and new episodes for both series will be available within 24 hours after airing on the SCI FI Channel.
iPREPpress has announced the availability of 34 eBooks for download onto the iPod. “The books include sports and entertainment superstar biographies, graphic biographies and other nonfiction titles. The iPod eBooks feature the same content as Gareth Stevens’ print editions but with interactive and easy to navigate text and images. The superstar biographies contain hyperlinked text to text and text to images and the graphic eBooks display rich images in a slideshow style.”
Ars Technica has a three-page report on consumer electronics on the front lines of war. “While soldiers once deployed with little more than a backpack and a rifle, today’s crop of infantry troops pack along MP3 players, digital cameras, DVD players, video games, movie collections, and computers of their own… The soldiers that we talked to all agreed that iPods, DVD players, and digital cameras were omnipresent.”
Craft Magazine, the sister publication to O’Reilly’s Make Magazine, has begun delivering sewing patterns over iTunes. “That’s right, you can click this link and (hopefully) the Craft Magazine channel will be added to iTunes and soon, each week you’ll get audio, videos and PDF sewing patterns you can print out. The first one is a stretch tube top with drawstring bottom, hipster shorts with scoop sides from Fitz Patterns.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Japan Display vying to be Apple’s primary display supplier (Update: new plant confirmed)
- Apple comes to the Dow Jones Industrial Average, will replace AT&T
- Apple extends iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit (Update: settlement approved)
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?