Mix: Stargate, iPod eBooks, Front lines, Sewing patterns
MGM announced today that it has made current episodes of the hit science fiction/adventure series Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis available from the iTunes Music Store. Starting today, the first five episodes of Stargate SG-1 season 10 and the first five episodes of Stargate Atlantis season 3 will be available, and new episodes for both series will be available within 24 hours after airing on the SCI FI Channel.
iPREPpress has announced the availability of 34 eBooks for download onto the iPod. “The books include sports and entertainment superstar biographies, graphic biographies and other nonfiction titles. The iPod eBooks feature the same content as Gareth Stevens’ print editions but with interactive and easy to navigate text and images. The superstar biographies contain hyperlinked text to text and text to images and the graphic eBooks display rich images in a slideshow style.”
Ars Technica has a three-page report on consumer electronics on the front lines of war. “While soldiers once deployed with little more than a backpack and a rifle, today’s crop of infantry troops pack along MP3 players, digital cameras, DVD players, video games, movie collections, and computers of their own… The soldiers that we talked to all agreed that iPods, DVD players, and digital cameras were omnipresent.”
Craft Magazine, the sister publication to O’Reilly’s Make Magazine, has begun delivering sewing patterns over iTunes. “That’s right, you can click this link and (hopefully) the Craft Magazine channel will be added to iTunes and soon, each week you’ll get audio, videos and PDF sewing patterns you can print out. The first one is a stretch tube top with drawstring bottom, hipster shorts with scoop sides from Fitz Patterns.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Cook discusses Apple Pay, Watch, iPod classic at WSJD Live
- Apple TV adds Hallmark’s Feeln and A&E’s FYI channels
- Fitbit announces Charge, Charge HR + Surge health and fitness trackers
- Apple looking to expand NFC use beyond Apple Pay
- Some U.S. retailers disabling Apple Pay in favor of other services?
- Uniq Bodycon, LifePro, and Helio for iPhone 6 + Bodycon for iPhone 6 Plus
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0