Mix: Steampunk mini, touch robot, Pre launch, Deer Hunter 3D
Canadian illustrator Neal Bridgens has created a steampunk case for his iPod mini. The unique case was made by hand from copper and brass, and features a hinged top for taking the iPod in and out of the case, oak front and back panels, and openings for the Click Wheel, screen, headphone jack, and Dock Connector. [via Cult of Mac]
A Japanese robotics enthusiast has created a humanoid robot with an iPod touch that acts as the robot’s face, brain, interface, and sensors. The iPod touch is connected to “Robochan” via the 30-pin connector, and is controlled using a custom application. [via TUAW]
Palm is expected to start selling its new Palm Pre smartphone the first week in June, placing the device’s launch extremely close to the beginning of Apple’s WWDC conference. Announced in January, the Pre offers many iPhone OS-like features, a 3.1-inch 480x320 touchscreen with dedicated gesture area below, a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and will be exclusive to Sprint at launch. Palm hired former Apple senior vice president Jon Rubenstein to develop its next-generation software and hardware in October 2007, with the Pre likely representing the first evidence of these efforts. Update: Palm has announced that the Pre will go on sale June 6 and will sell for $200 with a two-year contract after mail-in rebate.
Glu Mobile has released its Deer Hunter 3D game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based on Atari’s Deer Hunter franchise, the hunting simulation game features two play modes, unlockable weapons, accessories, and skills, seven types of realistic animals, a virtual trophy room, and 27 different locations with changing seasons and weather conditions. Deer Hunter 3D is available now from the App Store and sells for $6.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?