Mix: Steampunk mini, touch robot, Pre launch, Deer Hunter 3D
Canadian illustrator Neal Bridgens has created a steampunk case for his iPod mini. The unique case was made by hand from copper and brass, and features a hinged top for taking the iPod in and out of the case, oak front and back panels, and openings for the Click Wheel, screen, headphone jack, and Dock Connector. [via Cult of Mac]
A Japanese robotics enthusiast has created a humanoid robot with an iPod touch that acts as the robot’s face, brain, interface, and sensors. The iPod touch is connected to “Robochan” via the 30-pin connector, and is controlled using a custom application. [via TUAW]
Palm is expected to start selling its new Palm Pre smartphone the first week in June, placing the device’s launch extremely close to the beginning of Apple’s WWDC conference. Announced in January, the Pre offers many iPhone OS-like features, a 3.1-inch 480x320 touchscreen with dedicated gesture area below, a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and will be exclusive to Sprint at launch. Palm hired former Apple senior vice president Jon Rubenstein to develop its next-generation software and hardware in October 2007, with the Pre likely representing the first evidence of these efforts. Update: Palm has announced that the Pre will go on sale June 6 and will sell for $200 with a two-year contract after mail-in rebate.
Glu Mobile has released its Deer Hunter 3D game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based on Atari’s Deer Hunter franchise, the hunting simulation game features two play modes, unlockable weapons, accessories, and skills, seven types of realistic animals, a virtual trophy room, and 27 different locations with changing seasons and weather conditions. Deer Hunter 3D is available now from the App Store and sells for $6.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- iTunes 12 makes its first appearance with iOS-style design
- Apple releases fourth beta of iOS 8
- Forensic scientist notes iOS ‘back doors’
- Eighth annual iTunes Festival announced
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Bio Inc.
- EU criticizes Apple for in-app purchases (Update)
- Sue Wagner joins Apple board of directors as Bill Campbell retires
- Apps of the Week: Overcast, Ingress, Endless Numbers 1.2 + more
- iPhone 6: 1810 mAh battery, improved color 13MP camera?
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads