Mix: Swimsuit videos, Aussie death, Walkman phone, 7-Eleven | iLounge News

Mix: Swimsuit videos, Aussie death, Walkman phone, 7-Eleven

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, February 13, 2006
News Categories:

Apple’s iTunes Music Store this week will begin selling eight specially produced Sports Illustrated swimsuit videos for $1.99 each.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports: “An Australian woman was knocked off her bike and killed in a London street, possibly because she couldn’t hear traffic noise because of her iPod music device, friends say.”

Sony Ericsson has introduced the new W950i Walkman phone, which features 4GB of built-in flash storage, Symbian OS, Bluetooth and AAC and MP3 support.

IFO Apple Store has posted a photo of iPods being sold at a 7-Eleven in Japan. The display includes 5G iPods, iPod nanos, iPod shuffles, and iTunes Music Store gift cards.

« GEAR4 debuts PocketParty V2 micro speaker system

RIAA warns consumers of selling pre-loaded iPods »

Comments

Umm yeah… that’s one slurpie, a twinkie and an iPod nano. Thanks have a nice day!

Like those aren’t gonna get stolen… jeez

Posted by Werewolf on February 13, 2006 at 6:03 PM (PDT)

Shame about that lady, but ppl should be more careful and more aware of their surrounding when listening to ANY portable device..music or video…

Posted by Jesse on February 13, 2006 at 6:18 PM (PDT)

This is gonna get used in the headphone lawsuit, I bet.

Posted by Joshdude in Long Beach, CA on February 13, 2006 at 6:26 PM (PDT)

7-Eleven in Japan? iPods probably won’t be stolen.

Posted by Vampire on February 13, 2006 at 6:36 PM (PDT)

so let me guess .. . the iPod permanantly damaged her hearing causing her to not look both ways before crossing, or to hear the 10 ton bus honking its 140db horn at her?

People are so stupid.

Posted by d3m0nice on February 13, 2006 at 8:31 PM (PDT)

i should clarify…the ipod packaging on the displays at 7-11 are just cardboard “dummies”. You take them up to the cash to redeem them for the actual item (after you pay first of course).
In many cases (such has the higher ticket ipod items)- you pay first, and that is when your ipod order gets processed. You return to the same 7-11 in 3 days to pick up your new ipod.

Posted by neotrooper on February 13, 2006 at 8:49 PM (PDT)

Wow, that’d be awesome if you could buy iPods at convenience stores in the U.S.

Posted by curveball429 on February 13, 2006 at 9:17 PM (PDT)

iTunes just added:

Comeday genre for music videos

Save By The Bell
&
School House Rock!!!

Posted by Jesse on February 14, 2006 at 12:18 AM (PDT)

I dunno, I’d feel weird paying more than $10 for anything at a 7-11…

As far as the Australian woman, well, I feel sorry for her family and friends, but she’s definitely a candidate for a Darwin award in my book.

Posted by Fangorn in Texas on February 14, 2006 at 10:37 AM (PDT)

yep, the ipod forced her to listen to it at a level that made her not able to hear anything. Yep, that is it. I love how nobody can take blame for anything anymore, it has to be forced on something else that cannot think and cannot influence a supposed “thinking” human being. What is worse, an ipod without a brain, or the brainless human using it? McDonald’s burned my crotch, not the fact that I am too stupid to put it inbetween my legs while I drive. I got hit by a train because I was listening to an iPod instead of stopping at the gate and walking around it and then both ways at a train crossing. I am going to sue Mercedes because it made my SL500 too fast and I drove into an overpass at 130 mph while trying to dangle my manhood over the guy driving too slow in the left lane in that lame camary. I am suing the tobacco industry because they didn’t tell me smoking is going to kill me even though I cough up a lung every day and feel like s*** 24-7 for the past 50 years, and thinking the reports that said differently by experts were a load of crap.

This planet is getting dumber and dumber by the minute. I fear the future.

/steps off soapbox.

Posted by bry on February 14, 2006 at 11:54 AM (PDT)