Mix: Synaptics, iClod, HealthPod, PumpedforSummer
Apple could once again tap Synaptics to provide the touch-sensor components for the iPod’s click wheel. Cowen and Company said Synaptics will likely receive a “meaningful but minority role” as a supplier to Apple as early as the first quarter of 2007.
In his latest Wired News column, Eliot Van Buskirk says that Microsoft’s Zune player is doomed. “Prior to Friday’s announcement, some were calling the new device the ‘mPod’ (Microsoft + iPod) killer. But given Microsoft’s typically tone deaf approach to usability and Apple’s market lead it will be a miracle if its next nickname isn’t the ‘iClod’ (iPod + clone + awful).”
The Fort Wayne Journal Gazette reports: “A pilot program through Indianapolis-based Clarian Health Partners is providing iPods to bariatric patients as part of its ongoing efforts in education. ‘HealthPod’ is the first program in the nation to use the popular pint-sized devices as support mechanisms for bariatric patients.”
PumpOne, which produces image-based personal training programs for the iPod, has announced PumpedforSummer. “It has three different workouts, each consisting of twelve exercises specifically designed to target problem areas like the abs, pecs, arms and butt; all the spots beach-goers want to show off, but usually end up trying to hide.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards