Mix: T-Mobile, Jailbreak, Ringtones, Etchstar, PopSci
Our friends at iFun.de have informed us that T-Mobile in Germany is planning to add automatic recognition of T-Mobile iPhones to its HotSpot Wi-Fi access points in the near future, eliminating the need for users to authenticate through a not-iPhone-optimized site. A T-Mobile spokesperson told them the company knows “that this is not a satisfying user experience” and that they “hope to have the automatic recognition up soon.”
A GUI-based jailbreak program for iPhones and iPod touches running software version 1.1.2 has been released. The software, which currently runs on Intel-based Mac OS X machines, requires a downgrade to 1.1.1 for devices that have already been upgraded, or were purchased with 1.1.2 installed.
The combination of iTunes 7.5 and iPhone software 1.1.2 appears to restore limited custom ringtone functionality. Take any .m4a file, thirty-seconds or less, rename it to .m4r, and double-click to add it to iTunes — it appears under Ringtones. Apple has yet to officially release the 1.1.2 update for iPhone and iPod touch through iTunes.
Etchstar, the custom laser-etching service, is now an Apple Value Added Reseller, and is customizing iPods with any art the buyer wants. The company is currently offering new products that arrive pre-etched with art of the buyer’s choice, as well as mail-in service for laptops, iPods, iPhones, and other mp3 players and mobile devices.
Popular Science has named the iPhone the Grand Award Winner in the Gadgets category of its Best of What’s New 2007 list. The article praises the iPhone’s multi-touch interface and ease of use, stating, “The competition looks downright primitive.”
- Amazon Video app update lets Prime users download movies, TV shows for offline viewing
- Report: Apple considering move into original programming
- Malware steals 225,000+ Apple account logins from jailbroken iPhones
- Apple announces partnership with Cisco for iOS business users
- Report: New Apple TV to support Bluetooth gaming controllers
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Apple to make Apple Camp program available year-round
- Apple hiring ex-Microsoft employee hints at augmented reality plans
- Judge limits further filings in patent case between Apple and Samsung
- Report: New Apple TV less than $200, arriving in October
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?