Mix: Tap Tap Dance, FluidTunes, Flickr, OSU
Tapulous, maker of the popular Tap Tap Revenge game for iPhone and iPod touch, has released Tap Tap Dance, a new music game. Tap Tap Dance requires players to tap on the screen in time to the beat of the song playing, like Tap Tap Revenge, but goes beyond the older title with new gameplay elements such as “tap-and-hold” and “multi-tap,” and is built upon a next-generation, 3D-capable graphics engine that offers an “interactive music video-like experience.” Tap Tap Dance is available now from the App Store and sells for $5.
Majic Jungle Software has released its new FluidTunes application for Mac OS X. FluidTunes uses the iSight camera built-in to most Macs to let the user control iTunes via a Cover Flow-like interface using only their hands. Users can swipe from left to right or vice-versa over the screen to scroll through their music, waving quickly at buttons or covers to activate them. FluidTunes is available as a free download and requires Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later.
Photo sharing service Flickr has launched an updated version of its iPhone-friendly mobile interface, adding the ability to view videos directly from the device. The new version of the interface, which is available at m.flickr.com, sports a new interface that makes it easier for users to view their photostreams, sets, and recent activity. In addition, it offers new capabilities such as adding contacts, favoriting images, and changing privacy and permission settings.
Spurred by Justin Harper, a third-year medical student, The Ohio State University College of Medicine has begun supplying all medical students with iPod touch units for educational purposes. “The iPod touch has the potential to positively impact both medical education and the care provided to patients at the bedside,” said Dr. Catherine Lucey, vice dean for education. “The personal digital assistant puts a wealth of information at the fingertips of our students. They can study when they want and where they want. If they are seeing a patient and a question arises, they can find the answer instantly, to share with them.” Over the next two years, each OSU medical student will receive an iPod touch, equipped with specific medical software programs planned by the OSU College of Medicine.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014