Mix: Tap Tap Dance, FluidTunes, Flickr, OSU
Tapulous, maker of the popular Tap Tap Revenge game for iPhone and iPod touch, has released Tap Tap Dance, a new music game. Tap Tap Dance requires players to tap on the screen in time to the beat of the song playing, like Tap Tap Revenge, but goes beyond the older title with new gameplay elements such as “tap-and-hold” and “multi-tap,” and is built upon a next-generation, 3D-capable graphics engine that offers an “interactive music video-like experience.” Tap Tap Dance is available now from the App Store and sells for $5.
Majic Jungle Software has released its new FluidTunes application for Mac OS X. FluidTunes uses the iSight camera built-in to most Macs to let the user control iTunes via a Cover Flow-like interface using only their hands. Users can swipe from left to right or vice-versa over the screen to scroll through their music, waving quickly at buttons or covers to activate them. FluidTunes is available as a free download and requires Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later.
Photo sharing service Flickr has launched an updated version of its iPhone-friendly mobile interface, adding the ability to view videos directly from the device. The new version of the interface, which is available at m.flickr.com, sports a new interface that makes it easier for users to view their photostreams, sets, and recent activity. In addition, it offers new capabilities such as adding contacts, favoriting images, and changing privacy and permission settings.
Spurred by Justin Harper, a third-year medical student, The Ohio State University College of Medicine has begun supplying all medical students with iPod touch units for educational purposes. “The iPod touch has the potential to positively impact both medical education and the care provided to patients at the bedside,” said Dr. Catherine Lucey, vice dean for education. “The personal digital assistant puts a wealth of information at the fingertips of our students. They can study when they want and where they want. If they are seeing a patient and a question arises, they can find the answer instantly, to share with them.” Over the next two years, each OSU medical student will receive an iPod touch, equipped with specific medical software programs planned by the OSU College of Medicine.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0