Mix: Tap Tap Dance, FluidTunes, Flickr, OSU
Tapulous, maker of the popular Tap Tap Revenge game for iPhone and iPod touch, has released Tap Tap Dance, a new music game. Tap Tap Dance requires players to tap on the screen in time to the beat of the song playing, like Tap Tap Revenge, but goes beyond the older title with new gameplay elements such as “tap-and-hold” and “multi-tap,” and is built upon a next-generation, 3D-capable graphics engine that offers an “interactive music video-like experience.” Tap Tap Dance is available now from the App Store and sells for $5.
Majic Jungle Software has released its new FluidTunes application for Mac OS X. FluidTunes uses the iSight camera built-in to most Macs to let the user control iTunes via a Cover Flow-like interface using only their hands. Users can swipe from left to right or vice-versa over the screen to scroll through their music, waving quickly at buttons or covers to activate them. FluidTunes is available as a free download and requires Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later.
Photo sharing service Flickr has launched an updated version of its iPhone-friendly mobile interface, adding the ability to view videos directly from the device. The new version of the interface, which is available at m.flickr.com, sports a new interface that makes it easier for users to view their photostreams, sets, and recent activity. In addition, it offers new capabilities such as adding contacts, favoriting images, and changing privacy and permission settings.
Spurred by Justin Harper, a third-year medical student, The Ohio State University College of Medicine has begun supplying all medical students with iPod touch units for educational purposes. “The iPod touch has the potential to positively impact both medical education and the care provided to patients at the bedside,” said Dr. Catherine Lucey, vice dean for education. “The personal digital assistant puts a wealth of information at the fingertips of our students. They can study when they want and where they want. If they are seeing a patient and a question arises, they can find the answer instantly, to share with them.” Over the next two years, each OSU medical student will receive an iPod touch, equipped with specific medical software programs planned by the OSU College of Medicine.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Foxconn struggling to meet demand for iPhone 6
- Apple to require app-specific passwords for third-party apps in iCloud
- Apple posts guide for moving content from Android to iPhone
- Court throws out $368M FaceTime judgment against Apple
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
- Apple: 33M iTunes users have accessed U2 album
- Apple’s iPhone 6 NFC chip restricted to Apple Pay use
- Apple names Apple Watch execs, now hiring others
- Apple posts removal guide for U2’s Songs of Innocence album
- Apple medical trials will provide HealthKit insights
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010