Mix: Teacher unions, Apple TV video, EMI, Sirius-XM
Speaking at an education reform conference last week, Apple CEO Steve Jobs criticized teacher unions, saying public schools would not improve until principals could fire bad teachers.
Graphic design firm Logan has posted screenshots of the startup movie for the Apple TV, which is scheduled to ship before the end of the month.
Jon Healey of the Los Angeles Times reports that EMI may have been planning to offer its catalog of music in DRM-free MP3 format before Apple CEO Steve Jobs penned his recent open letter on copy protection.
Satellite radio giants Sirius and XM announced today that the two companies will be combined in an all-stock merger with a combined enterprise value of approximately $13 billion. A company press release listed the iPod as one of the combined company’s many existing competitors, rather than potential partners, with new wireless and radio technologies expected to follow suit.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?