Mix: TechTool Protogo, Apple probe, Nano noise, iPod phone
Micromat has released TechTool Protogo, a Mac OS X application that lets a user “easily turn an old iPod, a flash drive or other similar device into a bootable diagnostic tool that contains several of Micromat’s utilities.”
The Wall Street Journal reports that Apple’s internal investigation into backdated stock options focused on two former executives—former CFO Fred Anderson and former general counsel and board secretary Nancy Heinen.
A number of second-generation iPod nano owners are complaining of high-pitched whining or buzzing sounds coming from the players. Owners of all models—2GB, 4GB and 8GB nanos—have reported the noise.
According to a recent survey by Solutions Research Group, an iPod phone could have the “potential to increase Apple’s customer footprint substantially. Currently just over 20% of Americans 12+ (about 50 million) own an Apple product—within 18 months of the introduction of a new iPod phone, Apple’s footprint can increase to over 30%.”
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?