Mix: The Beatles & EMI, PopXpress, Speck sale, iPod upgrade
Apple Corps, the company representing The Beatles, has settled a $59 million dollar dispute with EMI over royalties. The suit represents another hurdle overcome in the process to take the band’s catalog online. “It seems like it is heading in that direction,” Jupiter analyst Mark Mulligan said. “The conversation has changed from an ‘if’ to a ‘when.’”
PopXpress, the London-based iPod-only store, has closed down due to lack of profitability. The store’s web site claims that the store is moving, but reports say the store is unlikely to re-open. PopXpress opened in February 2006, and was located minutes from Apple’s Regent Street retail location.
Speck Products is holding a “Speck-tacular Spring sale,” which offers a variety of cases for under $10 — including the iPod See-Thru (60GB), the nano ToughSkin (first-generation), and the ActiveSport case for fifth-generation iPods.
iPodMods is now offering a 100GB upgrade for all fifth-generation iPod models and the Microsoft Zune. The upgrade, which includes a larger backing for 30GB iPod models, also comes with an extended-life battery. The upgrade requires user installation and costs $300.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards