Mix: The Beatles & EMI, PopXpress, Speck sale, iPod upgrade
Apple Corps, the company representing The Beatles, has settled a $59 million dollar dispute with EMI over royalties. The suit represents another hurdle overcome in the process to take the band’s catalog online. “It seems like it is heading in that direction,” Jupiter analyst Mark Mulligan said. “The conversation has changed from an ‘if’ to a ‘when.’”
PopXpress, the London-based iPod-only store, has closed down due to lack of profitability. The store’s web site claims that the store is moving, but reports say the store is unlikely to re-open. PopXpress opened in February 2006, and was located minutes from Apple’s Regent Street retail location.
Speck Products is holding a “Speck-tacular Spring sale,” which offers a variety of cases for under $10 — including the iPod See-Thru (60GB), the nano ToughSkin (first-generation), and the ActiveSport case for fifth-generation iPods.
iPodMods is now offering a 100GB upgrade for all fifth-generation iPod models and the Microsoft Zune. The upgrade, which includes a larger backing for 30GB iPod models, also comes with an extended-life battery. The upgrade requires user installation and costs $300.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?