Mix: The Beatles & EMI, PopXpress, Speck sale, iPod upgrade
Apple Corps, the company representing The Beatles, has settled a $59 million dollar dispute with EMI over royalties. The suit represents another hurdle overcome in the process to take the band’s catalog online. “It seems like it is heading in that direction,” Jupiter analyst Mark Mulligan said. “The conversation has changed from an ‘if’ to a ‘when.’”
PopXpress, the London-based iPod-only store, has closed down due to lack of profitability. The store’s web site claims that the store is moving, but reports say the store is unlikely to re-open. PopXpress opened in February 2006, and was located minutes from Apple’s Regent Street retail location.
Speck Products is holding a “Speck-tacular Spring sale,” which offers a variety of cases for under $10 — including the iPod See-Thru (60GB), the nano ToughSkin (first-generation), and the ActiveSport case for fifth-generation iPods.
iPodMods is now offering a 100GB upgrade for all fifth-generation iPod models and the Microsoft Zune. The upgrade, which includes a larger backing for 30GB iPod models, also comes with an extended-life battery. The upgrade requires user installation and costs $300.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple content delivery network for faster downloads now live in US, Europe
- Apps of the Week: NPR One, Crazy Taxi: City Rush, Interactive Alphabet 4.0 + more
- Report: Apple TV relaunch not coming this year
- Report: Apple eliminating positions of some Beats employees
- Russian government seeks Apple source code
- Square announces new Reader for chip cards
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Plantronics BackBeat Fit Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad Air
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks