Mix: The Beatles, Netflix, Perooz, AAPL
According to a report, music from the Beatles may be on the iTunes Store as soon as Valentine’s Day next month. Beatles fan website Abbeyrd claims that a deal between Apple and Apple Corps. has been struck, and that their latest album, “Love,” will be made available through iTunes.
Online DVD rental service Netflix has officially announced its online movie service, which allows subscribers to stream and watch about 1,000 movies and TV shows on their PC at no additional charge. The Windows-only service will roll out in small numbers to Netflix members each week through June.
Perooz is a new online service that lets users download mobile magazines for iPods, PSPs, and other devices. “Now you can enjoy your favorite magazines on the go with our exclusive content partners including Maxim, Stuff, Blender, Car & Driver, Road & Track, and more.”
Strong holiday sales will boost Apple’s fiscal first quarter numbers, which are due tomorrow after the markets close. Analysts, on average, expect earnings of 78 cents per share on sales of $6.42 billion, according to a Thomson Financial poll.
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?