Mix: The Beatles, Netflix, Perooz, AAPL
According to a report, music from the Beatles may be on the iTunes Store as soon as Valentine’s Day next month. Beatles fan website Abbeyrd claims that a deal between Apple and Apple Corps. has been struck, and that their latest album, “Love,” will be made available through iTunes.
Online DVD rental service Netflix has officially announced its online movie service, which allows subscribers to stream and watch about 1,000 movies and TV shows on their PC at no additional charge. The Windows-only service will roll out in small numbers to Netflix members each week through June.
Perooz is a new online service that lets users download mobile magazines for iPods, PSPs, and other devices. “Now you can enjoy your favorite magazines on the go with our exclusive content partners including Maxim, Stuff, Blender, Car & Driver, Road & Track, and more.”
Strong holiday sales will boost Apple’s fiscal first quarter numbers, which are due tomorrow after the markets close. Analysts, on average, expect earnings of 78 cents per share on sales of $6.42 billion, according to a Thomson Financial poll.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?