Mix: The New Yorker, iTunes EU Music Sales, Back-to-School Promo, iPhone video downloads
The June 1, 2009 issue of The New Yorker includes a cover that was composed entirely on an iPhone. Jorge Columbo, a well-known New York artist composed the cover using the Brushes iPhone app in about an hour while discretely standing on 42nd Street with his iPhone. [via Engadget]
A report from Bloomberg indicates that Apple may begin selling digital music from iTunes throughout the 27 European Union nations, provided that the company can obtain licensing rights from the music industry. Currently, consumers in countries such as Poland, Bulgaria and Slovenia are unable to purchase digital music from any iTunes Store in Europe due to territorial restrictions on music licensing. “iTunes would agree to consider making its content available to all European consumers, including those from the Eastern European countries where iTunes is currently not available” if Apple is “able to license rights on a multi- territorial basis from the publishers and collecting Societies,” Apple said in a report posted on the commission’s Web site today.
Reports are indicating that Apple may be launching its annual Back to School promotion as early as this week. In past years, Apple has offered a Back to School promotion throughout the summer, providing free or discounted iPods with the purchase of a new Mac. According to unconfirmed reports, Apple will again be offering the 8GB iPod nano and 8GB iPod touch as part of this promotion, however Apple is also rumored to be extending the offer to the 8GB iPhone as well. iPhone customers would still be obligated to sign up for an iPhone contract, and it is unclear as to whether this offer would extend outside of the U.S. [via MacRumors].
The reports of a banner ad in a recent version of the Twitterfon application points to the possibility of Movie and TV Show downloads soon being available on the iPhone and iPod touch application. The ad in question allegedly linked to a page under construction on the iPhone’s iTunes Store app, providing a listing of movie and TV show content, none of which was yet actually available for download. The ad itself has since disappeared.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0