Mix: Tim Cook, Wikipod, Small Dog, File-sharing
The Wall Street Journal has an interesting profile of Tim Cook, Apple’s chief operating officer and the man seen as succeeding Apple CEO Steve Jobs. “The difference in personalities between Messrs. Cook and Jobs has helped foster a solid working relationship between the two, people familiar with them say. While Mr. Jobs is known to have a mercurial temper and a sharp tongue, Mr. Cook has the courtly demeanor of a Southern gentleman.”
Wikipod is a Perl script that loads a limited number of Wikipedia articles onto an iPod. “Wikipod starts from a Wikipedia page and traverses all the links it finds, downloading each page to the iPod,” explains the creator. “It will then traverse each link on the new pages, continuing this process until it finds no new links or has reached the size limit you specify.”
Small Dog Electronics, a long-time online Apple reseller, has opened a flagship retail store in Burlington, VT. The 3700 sq. ft. store will feature a wide selection of new and certified refurbished Macs, software, iPods, and a complete line of iPod accessories. A fully Apple Authorized Service department is also on site to troubleshoot and repair Apple products.
The music industry has launched a new wave of 8,000 lawsuits against alleged file-sharers around the world. The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) said today that the new cases were brought in 17 countries, including the first ones ever in Brazil, Mexico and Poland.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?