Mix: Tim Cook, Wikipod, Small Dog, File-sharing
The Wall Street Journal has an interesting profile of Tim Cook, Apple’s chief operating officer and the man seen as succeeding Apple CEO Steve Jobs. “The difference in personalities between Messrs. Cook and Jobs has helped foster a solid working relationship between the two, people familiar with them say. While Mr. Jobs is known to have a mercurial temper and a sharp tongue, Mr. Cook has the courtly demeanor of a Southern gentleman.”
Wikipod is a Perl script that loads a limited number of Wikipedia articles onto an iPod. “Wikipod starts from a Wikipedia page and traverses all the links it finds, downloading each page to the iPod,” explains the creator. “It will then traverse each link on the new pages, continuing this process until it finds no new links or has reached the size limit you specify.”
Small Dog Electronics, a long-time online Apple reseller, has opened a flagship retail store in Burlington, VT. The 3700 sq. ft. store will feature a wide selection of new and certified refurbished Macs, software, iPods, and a complete line of iPod accessories. A fully Apple Authorized Service department is also on site to troubleshoot and repair Apple products.
The music industry has launched a new wave of 8,000 lawsuits against alleged file-sharers around the world. The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) said today that the new cases were brought in 17 countries, including the first ones ever in Brazil, Mexico and Poland.
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?