Mix: Tim Cook, Wikipod, Small Dog, File-sharing
The Wall Street Journal has an interesting profile of Tim Cook, Apple’s chief operating officer and the man seen as succeeding Apple CEO Steve Jobs. “The difference in personalities between Messrs. Cook and Jobs has helped foster a solid working relationship between the two, people familiar with them say. While Mr. Jobs is known to have a mercurial temper and a sharp tongue, Mr. Cook has the courtly demeanor of a Southern gentleman.”
Wikipod is a Perl script that loads a limited number of Wikipedia articles onto an iPod. “Wikipod starts from a Wikipedia page and traverses all the links it finds, downloading each page to the iPod,” explains the creator. “It will then traverse each link on the new pages, continuing this process until it finds no new links or has reached the size limit you specify.”
Small Dog Electronics, a long-time online Apple reseller, has opened a flagship retail store in Burlington, VT. The 3700 sq. ft. store will feature a wide selection of new and certified refurbished Macs, software, iPods, and a complete line of iPod accessories. A fully Apple Authorized Service department is also on site to troubleshoot and repair Apple products.
The music industry has launched a new wave of 8,000 lawsuits against alleged file-sharers around the world. The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) said today that the new cases were brought in 17 countries, including the first ones ever in Brazil, Mexico and Poland.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: Star Walk 2, Swing Copters, Vine 2.5 + more
- Apple releases new iTunes 12 beta
- Alleged rear shell for 5.5” iPhone 6 leaked
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today