Mix: Time, iTunes, FON, ChargeBox
Time Magazine has named the iPhone “Invention of the Year,” besting other advancements in science, robotics, and technology. “Intel’s 45-nanometer (parts for chips) - that’s a serious deal, but it’s a lot less glamorous than the iPhone even though it’s important,” said Lev Grossman, a Time staff writer. The article will appear in Friday’s issue.
New data from comScore shows that iTunes sales continue to grow. iTunes sales increased 85% in the first three quarters from the same period a year earlier, and dollars spent per iTunes transaction climbed 10% during that period. This goes against a recent figure from Forrester Research that said iTunes sales dropped 65% this year.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs has met with Argentinian entrepreneur Martin Varsavsky to talk about his Wi-Fi sharing service FON. The meeting went well, the FON boss said, observing: “I really think Jobs liked the idea of FON. I think he loves the idea of a world where people share WiFi. That I could tell. I think he would like for there to be an opportunity for everyone to share WiFi.”
UK-based ChargeBox, which offers users a place to charge mobile phones and other devices while they are stored in a secure locker, has announced that it will be adding chargers for the iPhone to its locations to coincide with the device’s launch in the UK.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Cook discusses Apple Pay, Watch, iPod classic at WSJD Live
- Apple TV adds Hallmark’s Feeln and A&E’s FYI channels
- Fitbit announces Charge, Charge HR + Surge health and fitness trackers
- Apple looking to expand NFC use beyond Apple Pay
- Some U.S. retailers disabling Apple Pay in favor of other services?
- Uniq Bodycon, LifePro, and Helio for iPhone 6 + Bodycon for iPhone 6 Plus
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0