Mix: Time, Radiohead, NBC, HMV
Time Magazine has named the iPhone the top gadget of the year in its list of Top 10 Gadgets. Time says the handset “changed the way we think about how mobile media devices should look, feel and perform.” It describes the design as “exceptional,” while praising the device’s touch screen and myriad of features.
According to a Billboard.biz report, British group Radiohead is in talks with Apple over the release of its latest album, “In Rainbows,” on the iTunes Store. Radiohead’s EMI back catalog remains a glaring omission from the Store, with the group insisting that its albums be sold in their entirety. Previously, Radiohead, no longer under contract with any label, released “In Rainbows” independently through its own website, on a “pay what you like” basis.
Following the removal of its TV programming from the iTunes Store, NBC has announced a partnership with SanDisk to offer NBC television shows on Fanfare, a web-based service that enables users to download TV shows and other video content for playback on the company’s Sansa TakeTV video player.
HMV, a leading music and entertainment retailer in Canada, has begun selling iPods and related accessories at many of their HMV Canada locations. “While the majority of purchased music continues to be in physical form, it’s clear the listening experience of many Canadians is evolving to also include portable music and for the majority of those consumers the digital player of choice is the iPod,” said HMV Canada President Humphrey Kadaner. “As the country’s leading music retailer, it only makes sense that we provide a full music experience for our customers by selling Canada’s leading digital music player.” In addition to the iPod shuffle, iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod touch lines, a “wide range” of iPod accessories are now available in more than half of all HMV stores, with plans to expand availability to more stores in 2008.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?