Mix: Time, Radiohead, NBC, HMV
Time Magazine has named the iPhone the top gadget of the year in its list of Top 10 Gadgets. Time says the handset “changed the way we think about how mobile media devices should look, feel and perform.” It describes the design as “exceptional,” while praising the device’s touch screen and myriad of features.
According to a Billboard.biz report, British group Radiohead is in talks with Apple over the release of its latest album, “In Rainbows,” on the iTunes Store. Radiohead’s EMI back catalog remains a glaring omission from the Store, with the group insisting that its albums be sold in their entirety. Previously, Radiohead, no longer under contract with any label, released “In Rainbows” independently through its own website, on a “pay what you like” basis.
Following the removal of its TV programming from the iTunes Store, NBC has announced a partnership with SanDisk to offer NBC television shows on Fanfare, a web-based service that enables users to download TV shows and other video content for playback on the company’s Sansa TakeTV video player.
HMV, a leading music and entertainment retailer in Canada, has begun selling iPods and related accessories at many of their HMV Canada locations. “While the majority of purchased music continues to be in physical form, it’s clear the listening experience of many Canadians is evolving to also include portable music and for the majority of those consumers the digital player of choice is the iPod,” said HMV Canada President Humphrey Kadaner. “As the country’s leading music retailer, it only makes sense that we provide a full music experience for our customers by selling Canada’s leading digital music player.” In addition to the iPod shuffle, iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod touch lines, a “wide range” of iPod accessories are now available in more than half of all HMV stores, with plans to expand availability to more stores in 2008.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple quietly pulls back on 2014 CarPlay availability
- iPhone 6 Plus users reporting bending iPhones
- FXNOW channel comes to Apple TV
- Apple airs two new iPhone 6 ads
- Apple to reportedly shutter Beats Music? (Update: No)
- Report: iOS 8 adoption rate estimated at 30%
- Apple Watch to come in 4GB, 8GB versions?
- Apple hits 10 million iPhone 6, 6 Plus sales in first weekend
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- Belkin WeMo LED Lighting Starter Set
- Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels