Mix: TIME, Wendland, shuffle sales, iRiver, McElhearn
TIME magazine has picked the iPod shuffle as its Gadget of the Week. “It’s very easy to write extensively about music players these days without ever mentioning sound quality, but let me set some minds at ease: it sounds great.”
In his iPod shuffle review, Mike Wendland of the Detroit Free Press praises the new device. “Apple’s new iPod Shuffle is about to be the next must-have product... Way to go, Apple. You did it again. The Shuffle is one hot new product.”
The first 100 iPod shuffles that arrived at the Apple Store in the Glendale Galleria on Monday sold out within an hour and the Northridge store was wiped out in three hours, said employee Rob Lamog.
To promote its new H10 music player, iRiver’s Web site is currently rotating between a male and a female model taking a bite out of an Apple along with the slogan “Sweeter one.”
Kirk McElhearn, author of “iPod & iTunes Garage,” has posted a sample chapter from the book for download. The chapter covers the iTunes music library.
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?