Mix: Toshiba NAND, AdweekMedia, Orange Uganda, Ridge Racer
Toshiba has announced the launch of a new 64GB embedded NAND flash memory module, the highest capacity yet offered in the industry. Since Toshiba a supplier of 32GB chips for the iPhone 3GS and 64GB iPod touch, which uses a pair of 32GB chips, it is likely that Apple will adopt the new 64GB chips for use in future 64GB iPhone and 128GB iPod touch models. According to Toshiba, samples of the new 64GB module are available now, with mass production starting in the first quarter of 2010.
AdweekMedia has announced its “Best of the 2000’s” awards winners, with Apple taking home several accolades. Apple itself was named Brand of the Decade, while the iPod was named Product of the Decade, Apple’s “Silhouettes” iPod + iTunes campaign was named the Out-of-Home Ad of the Decade, and the company’s “Get a Mac” ad series was named Campaign of the Decade; Apple CEO Steve Jobs was also named Marketer of the Decade.
Orange Uganda has launched the iPhone in Uganda, the first carrier in the country to offer the device. The company is offering both the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS on contracts ranging from six to 24 months, and Orange has seen relatively high interest in the device, according to company executives. “Since we announced the arrival of iPhone on Orange, we have already seen several hundred customers register their interest on our Web site, orange.ug,” said Orange Uganda Chief Executive Philippe Luxcey. “We will be matching their enthusiasm with a 3G+ mobile broadband network that covers more people in Uganda than any other operator, a commitment to deliver the best 3G+ experience on the iPhone and best-in-class applications and plans.” Prices range from the equivalent of $1,421 to $3,421. [via The Industry Standard]
Japanese gaming site Famitsu has posted an extensive screenshot gallery (Translated Link) of Namco Bandai’s upcoming Ridge Racer: Accelerated game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Previously unannounced, few details of the game are available, although the Famitsu story claims the title will be available before the end of the year at a yet to be determined price. [via Kotaku]
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?