Mix: Toshiba NAND, AdweekMedia, Orange Uganda, Ridge Racer
Toshiba has announced the launch of a new 64GB embedded NAND flash memory module, the highest capacity yet offered in the industry. Since Toshiba a supplier of 32GB chips for the iPhone 3GS and 64GB iPod touch, which uses a pair of 32GB chips, it is likely that Apple will adopt the new 64GB chips for use in future 64GB iPhone and 128GB iPod touch models. According to Toshiba, samples of the new 64GB module are available now, with mass production starting in the first quarter of 2010.
AdweekMedia has announced its “Best of the 2000’s” awards winners, with Apple taking home several accolades. Apple itself was named Brand of the Decade, while the iPod was named Product of the Decade, Apple’s “Silhouettes” iPod + iTunes campaign was named the Out-of-Home Ad of the Decade, and the company’s “Get a Mac” ad series was named Campaign of the Decade; Apple CEO Steve Jobs was also named Marketer of the Decade.
Orange Uganda has launched the iPhone in Uganda, the first carrier in the country to offer the device. The company is offering both the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS on contracts ranging from six to 24 months, and Orange has seen relatively high interest in the device, according to company executives. “Since we announced the arrival of iPhone on Orange, we have already seen several hundred customers register their interest on our Web site, orange.ug,” said Orange Uganda Chief Executive Philippe Luxcey. “We will be matching their enthusiasm with a 3G+ mobile broadband network that covers more people in Uganda than any other operator, a commitment to deliver the best 3G+ experience on the iPhone and best-in-class applications and plans.” Prices range from the equivalent of $1,421 to $3,421. [via The Industry Standard]
Japanese gaming site Famitsu has posted an extensive screenshot gallery (Translated Link) of Namco Bandai’s upcoming Ridge Racer: Accelerated game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Previously unannounced, few details of the game are available, although the Famitsu story claims the title will be available before the end of the year at a yet to be determined price. [via Kotaku]
- Google releases Google Street View app for iOS
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Judge approves $415M settlement in anti-poaching lawsuit
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Retrial for damages in Apple patent case set for March or April
- Google omits HealthKit support from Android Wear iOS app
- Logitech Logi BLOK cases for iPad mini + iPad Air 2
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?