Mix: Toshiba NAND, AdweekMedia, Orange Uganda, Ridge Racer
Toshiba has announced the launch of a new 64GB embedded NAND flash memory module, the highest capacity yet offered in the industry. Since Toshiba a supplier of 32GB chips for the iPhone 3GS and 64GB iPod touch, which uses a pair of 32GB chips, it is likely that Apple will adopt the new 64GB chips for use in future 64GB iPhone and 128GB iPod touch models. According to Toshiba, samples of the new 64GB module are available now, with mass production starting in the first quarter of 2010.
AdweekMedia has announced its “Best of the 2000’s” awards winners, with Apple taking home several accolades. Apple itself was named Brand of the Decade, while the iPod was named Product of the Decade, Apple’s “Silhouettes” iPod + iTunes campaign was named the Out-of-Home Ad of the Decade, and the company’s “Get a Mac” ad series was named Campaign of the Decade; Apple CEO Steve Jobs was also named Marketer of the Decade.
Orange Uganda has launched the iPhone in Uganda, the first carrier in the country to offer the device. The company is offering both the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS on contracts ranging from six to 24 months, and Orange has seen relatively high interest in the device, according to company executives. “Since we announced the arrival of iPhone on Orange, we have already seen several hundred customers register their interest on our Web site, orange.ug,” said Orange Uganda Chief Executive Philippe Luxcey. “We will be matching their enthusiasm with a 3G+ mobile broadband network that covers more people in Uganda than any other operator, a commitment to deliver the best 3G+ experience on the iPhone and best-in-class applications and plans.” Prices range from the equivalent of $1,421 to $3,421. [via The Industry Standard]
Japanese gaming site Famitsu has posted an extensive screenshot gallery (Translated Link) of Namco Bandai’s upcoming Ridge Racer: Accelerated game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Previously unannounced, few details of the game are available, although the Famitsu story claims the title will be available before the end of the year at a yet to be determined price. [via Kotaku]
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: Star Walk 2, Swing Copters, Vine 2.5 + more
- Apple releases new iTunes 12 beta
- Alleged rear shell for 5.5” iPhone 6 leaked
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today