Mix: Toshiba NAND, AdweekMedia, Orange Uganda, Ridge Racer
Toshiba has announced the launch of a new 64GB embedded NAND flash memory module, the highest capacity yet offered in the industry. Since Toshiba a supplier of 32GB chips for the iPhone 3GS and 64GB iPod touch, which uses a pair of 32GB chips, it is likely that Apple will adopt the new 64GB chips for use in future 64GB iPhone and 128GB iPod touch models. According to Toshiba, samples of the new 64GB module are available now, with mass production starting in the first quarter of 2010.
AdweekMedia has announced its “Best of the 2000’s” awards winners, with Apple taking home several accolades. Apple itself was named Brand of the Decade, while the iPod was named Product of the Decade, Apple’s “Silhouettes” iPod + iTunes campaign was named the Out-of-Home Ad of the Decade, and the company’s “Get a Mac” ad series was named Campaign of the Decade; Apple CEO Steve Jobs was also named Marketer of the Decade.
Orange Uganda has launched the iPhone in Uganda, the first carrier in the country to offer the device. The company is offering both the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS on contracts ranging from six to 24 months, and Orange has seen relatively high interest in the device, according to company executives. “Since we announced the arrival of iPhone on Orange, we have already seen several hundred customers register their interest on our Web site, orange.ug,” said Orange Uganda Chief Executive Philippe Luxcey. “We will be matching their enthusiasm with a 3G+ mobile broadband network that covers more people in Uganda than any other operator, a commitment to deliver the best 3G+ experience on the iPhone and best-in-class applications and plans.” Prices range from the equivalent of $1,421 to $3,421. [via The Industry Standard]
Japanese gaming site Famitsu has posted an extensive screenshot gallery (Translated Link) of Namco Bandai’s upcoming Ridge Racer: Accelerated game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Previously unannounced, few details of the game are available, although the Famitsu story claims the title will be available before the end of the year at a yet to be determined price. [via Kotaku]
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?