Mix: Training wheels, CBS, iPDA, Hoodie
During a Q&A session following this morning’s “Mum” press event, Apple CEO Steve Jobs made a statement regarding the iPod touch. When CEO of O2 UK Matthew Key was asked whether he knew the iPod touch was coming during iPhone negotiations, he dodged the question, leading Jobs to comment: “Well, one’s a phone, and one’s not. The iPod touch is training wheels for the iPhone.”
CBS has said it does not plan to fight Apple over iTunes pricing. “We’re sort of staying out of the battle,” CBS Chief Executive Les Moonves said at the Merrill Lynch Media & Entertainment conference. “We like our relationship with iTunes.” He added, “We look at iTunes as much as a promotional vehicle for our shows as a financial vehicle.”
ZappTek, makers of iPod personal information transfer application iPDA, has posted a list of some of the issues it found in its testing of the iPod classic and third-generation iPod nano. Among the problems are missing fields in contact entries, incorrect display of notes in calendar events, and notes links behaving “strangely.”
ipodHoodies has announced the re-release of its extremely popular Bubblegum Pink Hoodie (£12) and Hoodie Nano (£10). Stock of the color is said to be extremely limited, and is being sold on a first come, first served basis.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?