Mix: Training wheels, CBS, iPDA, Hoodie
During a Q&A session following this morning’s “Mum” press event, Apple CEO Steve Jobs made a statement regarding the iPod touch. When CEO of O2 UK Matthew Key was asked whether he knew the iPod touch was coming during iPhone negotiations, he dodged the question, leading Jobs to comment: “Well, one’s a phone, and one’s not. The iPod touch is training wheels for the iPhone.”
CBS has said it does not plan to fight Apple over iTunes pricing. “We’re sort of staying out of the battle,” CBS Chief Executive Les Moonves said at the Merrill Lynch Media & Entertainment conference. “We like our relationship with iTunes.” He added, “We look at iTunes as much as a promotional vehicle for our shows as a financial vehicle.”
ZappTek, makers of iPod personal information transfer application iPDA, has posted a list of some of the issues it found in its testing of the iPod classic and third-generation iPod nano. Among the problems are missing fields in contact entries, incorrect display of notes in calendar events, and notes links behaving “strangely.”
ipodHoodies has announced the re-release of its extremely popular Bubblegum Pink Hoodie (£12) and Hoodie Nano (£10). Stock of the color is said to be extremely limited, and is being sold on a first come, first served basis.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Road Trip, Football Manager Handheld 2015, Deliveries 6.0 + more
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0