Mix: TubeSock, Google, LimeWire, ColorEnvy
TubeSock is a new Mac application that allows users to download and convert videos from YouTube for playback on video-enabled iPods and the Sony PSP. The $15 software “converts YouTube’s native FLV file format into H.264, MP4, or MP3 files. It automatically determines the appropriate file format, bitrate, and naming convention for the selected target device.”
Google has denied that it plans to sell digital music. “We are not going to be selling music,” Chris Sacca, head of business development for Google, said last week at the annual NARM (National Association of Recording Merchandisers) conference. “We’re already in the music business, because we’re the complement to the offline life,” he said. “After people hear the name ‘Gnarls Barkley’ their next move is to go and check on Google for it.”
The four major record companies have sued the the makers of the file-sharing program LimeWire. Reuters reports: “The complaint, filed in Manhattan federal court, is the latest in a string of lawsuits the music industry has filed in an attempt to curb Internet piracy. That effort was bolstered last year when the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that content companies can take legal action against technology firms that encourage copyright infringement.”
ColorEnvy has announced the winners of its “World’s Worst Scratched iPod Contest.” The company also announced that everyone who submitted a photo will be receiving a free E-Juice scratch removal kit.
- Report: Apple in talks to launch virtual network service
- Dr. Dre’s new album coming to iTunes, Apple Music on Friday
- Nokia’s HERE Maps sold to automakers in $3.1B deal
- Report: Apple plans to use Siri to transcribe voicemails
- Leaked photos suggest thicker, Force Touch-equipped iPhones
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?