Mix: TV Guide, Quanta deal, Mobile Phones, Apple campus
TV Guide magazine has announced a new weekly column called “Downloads,” which will feature information about television shows available for download or online viewing each week.
Following a vague report in March that said Quanta Computer had secured a contract from Apple to manufacture “video iPod devices,” the Chinese-language Commercial Times reported today that the order has been shifted to an “unspecified EMS provider.”
Increased memory card capacities and sales growth could help cell phones become true iPod competitors. “In 2005 the average capacity of memory cards sold for use in cell phones was 112MB per card,” said Stephen Entwistle, vice president of Strategy Analytics. “By 2010 we predict that this will have increased to around 1.6GB, equivalent to an annual average growth rate of over 70 percent.”
The Mecury News reports on Apple’s recent announcement of a new campus: “By the time Apple flattens the site’s old-style structures and builds new offices for as many as 3,500 employees—a process the company expects to take about four years—Apple could easily have spent $500 million, two real estate experts predict. That would make the company’s second campus one of the costliest Silicon Valley commercial ventures in recent memory.”
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Olloclip releases new Active Lens for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- Refurbished iPad Air 2 models hit Apple Store
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?