Mix: UK iTMS, Snocap, Gruber, ASU, Pogue
Following a complaint from a consumer watchdog that the UK iTunes Music Store overcharges customers, the Office of Fair Trading has referred the issue to the European Commission.
Napster founder Shawn Fanning is touting a new technology called Snocap that is designed to help music companies cash in on peer-to-peer file sharing.
Mac pundit John Gruber has written an excellent piece on the rumored flash memory-based iPod. “If there is a flash memory iPod in the pipeline, the fact that it uses flash memory is the least interesting part of the story,” he concludes.
Arizona State University is offering free iPod minis to students applying for housing renewals at certain locations for next year. Eligible students must apply by 5 p.m. today.
This Sunday, Dec. 5, CBS News Sunday Morning will air a report by best-selling author and NY Times tech writer David Pogue on the culture of iPod Mania. Pogue won a 2004 Business Emmy just yesterday for his tech segments on the show.
- Apple to sell limited-edition Olympic Apple Watch bands exclusively in Brazil
- Report: iPhone 7 will include Lightning adapter instead of Lightning EarPods
- Edward Snowden designing device to prevent iPhone wiretapping
- Report: Apple Car team running into challenges, launch may slip to 2021
- Corning announces Gorilla Glass 5
- Apple under fire for providing refurbished replacements under AppleCare+
- Report: Apple acquires cloud music provider Omnifone? [Update: No]
- Apple releases second iOS 10 public beta
- India clears the way for Apple to open retail stores
- Apple Pay launches in Hong Kong
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Incase Keyboard Case for iPad Air 2
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app