Mix: Unity, Marathon, Apple brand
3D game development tool provider Unity Technologies has announced the company will support game development for the iPhone. “With iPhone support, Unity is poised to become the single source for game developers who want to create best-of-breed, 3D-quality games that can be easily and quickly ported to all platforms, including consoles, devices, PC/Mac, and now, the iPhone,” said David Helgason, CEO of Unity Technologies. The company has also created a beta program for iPhone developers that will “provide hands-on support to drive 3D content creation and deployment of mobile games.”
The IAAF Road Running Commission, the world’s governing body for marathons, is considering a ban on iPods during competition, citing insurance and safety concerns. USA Track & Field, the sport’s state-side governing body, has already issued a similar ban; however, David Bedford, the race director of the London Marathon who also sits on the commission, said “It’s a rule that will not be picked up in this country. It is completely unenforceable.”
A new survey conducted by online magazine brandchannel.com found the Apple brand topping several lists. The iPod maker was the top response out of people asked “Which brand inspires you the most,” “What brand can you not live without,” “What brand is most likely to revolutionize the branding industry in the next five years,” and other similar questions. The survey was conducted among nearly 2000 brandchannel readers in 107 different countries, 74 percent of which work in the marketing industry. [via Scientific American]
- Report: Apple in talks to launch virtual network service
- Dr. Dre’s new album coming to iTunes, Apple Music on Friday
- Nokia’s HERE Maps sold to automakers in $3.1B deal
- Report: Apple plans to use Siri to transcribe voicemails
- Leaked photos suggest thicker, Force Touch-equipped iPhones
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?