Mix: Universal, iCloud icon, Apple retail, The Beatles
Apple has signed Universal Music Group to a cloud music licensing agreement, giving it deals with all four of the major record labels, according to a new report. Citing sources with knowledge of the talks, Cnet reports that Apple has also reached agreements with some of the large music publishers. While Apple is expected to announce the service during its WWDC keynote address on Monday, the streaming service will not be made immediately available, the report notes, but will be offered “soon.”
Continuing its preparations for its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) that kicks off Monday, Apple has posted banners inside Moscone West depicting the icon it will use for its iCloud service. The icon, which appears on a banner proclaiming that Mac OS X Lion + iOS 5 + iCloud = WWDC and was captured by AppleInsider, appears to be highly similar to the existing “cloud” element of its MobileMe logo.
Apple retail stores are receiving new Visual Merchandising packages with instructions not to open the materials until Tuesday, 9 to 5 Mac reports. What exact service or product the materials are for is unknown, but they are likely tied to some announcement or announcements to be made during the company’s keynote address on Monday.
The Beatles’ three Anthology albums are set to make their exclusive digital debut on the iTunes Store June 14. All three volumes are currently available for pre-order in most areas as iTunes LP offerings, being sold for $30 a piece, or in a digital set for $80; an Anthology Highlights collection of 23 tracks is also being offered for $13. All three Anthology albums have been digitally remastered; individual tracks will be priced at $1.29 each. [via MDN]
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015