Mix: Universal, iCloud icon, Apple retail, The Beatles
Apple has signed Universal Music Group to a cloud music licensing agreement, giving it deals with all four of the major record labels, according to a new report. Citing sources with knowledge of the talks, Cnet reports that Apple has also reached agreements with some of the large music publishers. While Apple is expected to announce the service during its WWDC keynote address on Monday, the streaming service will not be made immediately available, the report notes, but will be offered “soon.”
Continuing its preparations for its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) that kicks off Monday, Apple has posted banners inside Moscone West depicting the icon it will use for its iCloud service. The icon, which appears on a banner proclaiming that Mac OS X Lion + iOS 5 + iCloud = WWDC and was captured by AppleInsider, appears to be highly similar to the existing “cloud” element of its MobileMe logo.
Apple retail stores are receiving new Visual Merchandising packages with instructions not to open the materials until Tuesday, 9 to 5 Mac reports. What exact service or product the materials are for is unknown, but they are likely tied to some announcement or announcements to be made during the company’s keynote address on Monday.
The Beatles’ three Anthology albums are set to make their exclusive digital debut on the iTunes Store June 14. All three volumes are currently available for pre-order in most areas as iTunes LP offerings, being sold for $30 a piece, or in a digital set for $80; an Anthology Highlights collection of 23 tracks is also being offered for $13. All three Anthology albums have been digitally remastered; individual tracks will be priced at $1.29 each. [via MDN]
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Apple pulls Nest from its stores
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?