Mix: Verizon iPad, Net Applications, iPhone 4G, Bloomberg
Verizon Wireless is currently testing Apple iPads on its network, according to the Boy Genius Report. Citing a “highly placed source,” BGR claims that the model undergoing testing is a CDMA-compatible device, and although LTE was mentioned by the source, it is unclear whether the 4G technology would be found in the current or a future model.
According to the latest statistics from Net Applications, the iPhone is maintaining its worldwide mobile browsing market share lead over Android despite recent gains by Google’s OS. The company’s statistics for May show that the iPhone saw larger global share gains—from 30.3% to 32.8%—than did Android, which went from 5.3% to 6.2%. Java ME remains the most popular platform for mobile browsing, although Net Applications notes that it is used on a wide variety of devices and is rapidly losing share to both iPhone and Android. Net Application’s numbers are based on the 160 monthly million visitors to its clients’ websites. [via Fortune]
A counterfeit iPhone based on fourth-generation prototypes previously published online has surfaced in China. Called the “GPS-PHONE” according to Chinese-language PCOnline, the phone offers a front-facing camera, rear camera flash, a TV antenna, a mini USB port, and an iPhone-like interface with a number of different applications, including Opera Mini and Java. [via Mac Rumors]
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has started using an iPad to help run the metropolis, according to a Daily News report. Showing the device off at a recent civic meeting, Bloomberg said the device was a great way to save time and eliminate paper, although he’s still getting used to its touchscreen interface. “I put some notes on it [that] normally I have on my cards, and we’ll see whether or not this works,” Bloomberg said.
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?