Mix: Verizon iPad, Net Applications, iPhone 4G, Bloomberg
Verizon Wireless is currently testing Apple iPads on its network, according to the Boy Genius Report. Citing a “highly placed source,” BGR claims that the model undergoing testing is a CDMA-compatible device, and although LTE was mentioned by the source, it is unclear whether the 4G technology would be found in the current or a future model.
According to the latest statistics from Net Applications, the iPhone is maintaining its worldwide mobile browsing market share lead over Android despite recent gains by Google’s OS. The company’s statistics for May show that the iPhone saw larger global share gains—from 30.3% to 32.8%—than did Android, which went from 5.3% to 6.2%. Java ME remains the most popular platform for mobile browsing, although Net Applications notes that it is used on a wide variety of devices and is rapidly losing share to both iPhone and Android. Net Application’s numbers are based on the 160 monthly million visitors to its clients’ websites. [via Fortune]
A counterfeit iPhone based on fourth-generation prototypes previously published online has surfaced in China. Called the “GPS-PHONE” according to Chinese-language PCOnline, the phone offers a front-facing camera, rear camera flash, a TV antenna, a mini USB port, and an iPhone-like interface with a number of different applications, including Opera Mini and Java. [via Mac Rumors]
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has started using an iPad to help run the metropolis, according to a Daily News report. Showing the device off at a recent civic meeting, Bloomberg said the device was a great way to save time and eliminate paper, although he’s still getting used to its touchscreen interface. “I put some notes on it [that] normally I have on my cards, and we’ll see whether or not this works,” Bloomberg said.
- Malware steals 225,000+ Apple account logins from jailbroken iPhones
- Apple announces partnership with Cisco for iOS business users
- Report: New Apple TV to support Bluetooth gaming controllers
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Apple to make Apple Camp program available year-round
- Apple hiring ex-Microsoft employee hints at augmented reality plans
- Judge limits further filings in patent case between Apple and Samsung
- Report: New Apple TV less than $200, arriving in October
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?