Mix: Verizon iPad, Net Applications, iPhone 4G, Bloomberg
Verizon Wireless is currently testing Apple iPads on its network, according to the Boy Genius Report. Citing a “highly placed source,” BGR claims that the model undergoing testing is a CDMA-compatible device, and although LTE was mentioned by the source, it is unclear whether the 4G technology would be found in the current or a future model.
According to the latest statistics from Net Applications, the iPhone is maintaining its worldwide mobile browsing market share lead over Android despite recent gains by Google’s OS. The company’s statistics for May show that the iPhone saw larger global share gains—from 30.3% to 32.8%—than did Android, which went from 5.3% to 6.2%. Java ME remains the most popular platform for mobile browsing, although Net Applications notes that it is used on a wide variety of devices and is rapidly losing share to both iPhone and Android. Net Application’s numbers are based on the 160 monthly million visitors to its clients’ websites. [via Fortune]
A counterfeit iPhone based on fourth-generation prototypes previously published online has surfaced in China. Called the “GPS-PHONE” according to Chinese-language PCOnline, the phone offers a front-facing camera, rear camera flash, a TV antenna, a mini USB port, and an iPhone-like interface with a number of different applications, including Opera Mini and Java. [via Mac Rumors]
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has started using an iPad to help run the metropolis, according to a Daily News report. Showing the device off at a recent civic meeting, Bloomberg said the device was a great way to save time and eliminate paper, although he’s still getting used to its touchscreen interface. “I put some notes on it [that] normally I have on my cards, and we’ll see whether or not this works,” Bloomberg said.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?