Mix: Verizon iPad, Net Applications, iPhone 4G, Bloomberg
Verizon Wireless is currently testing Apple iPads on its network, according to the Boy Genius Report. Citing a “highly placed source,” BGR claims that the model undergoing testing is a CDMA-compatible device, and although LTE was mentioned by the source, it is unclear whether the 4G technology would be found in the current or a future model.
According to the latest statistics from Net Applications, the iPhone is maintaining its worldwide mobile browsing market share lead over Android despite recent gains by Google’s OS. The company’s statistics for May show that the iPhone saw larger global share gains—from 30.3% to 32.8%—than did Android, which went from 5.3% to 6.2%. Java ME remains the most popular platform for mobile browsing, although Net Applications notes that it is used on a wide variety of devices and is rapidly losing share to both iPhone and Android. Net Application’s numbers are based on the 160 monthly million visitors to its clients’ websites. [via Fortune]
A counterfeit iPhone based on fourth-generation prototypes previously published online has surfaced in China. Called the “GPS-PHONE” according to Chinese-language PCOnline, the phone offers a front-facing camera, rear camera flash, a TV antenna, a mini USB port, and an iPhone-like interface with a number of different applications, including Opera Mini and Java. [via Mac Rumors]
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has started using an iPad to help run the metropolis, according to a Daily News report. Showing the device off at a recent civic meeting, Bloomberg said the device was a great way to save time and eliminate paper, although he’s still getting used to its touchscreen interface. “I put some notes on it [that] normally I have on my cards, and we’ll see whether or not this works,” Bloomberg said.
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Apple expands personal pickup to Apple Stores in the UK
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?