Mix: Verizon, Remote interface, Roaming in Bermuda
Discussing Verizon’s second quarter financial results, COO Denny Strigl said it was seeing minimal impact from the launch of the iPhone 3G. The AP reports that Strigl said Verizon was seeing what it believes to be a “minimal short-term impact” in customer flow due to the iPhone 3G, adding that the effect looks small compared to the overall size of Verizon Wireless, and suggesting that most new iPhone customers switching to AT&T are coming from other carriers, such as Sprint.
The iPhone/iPod touch Remote application has a better interface than the iPhone’s own built-in iPod app, according to a recent blog post. In the post, the author argues that the addition of item counts and icons to the Playlist view, artist names and scrolling dots when viewing a selected playlist, and the search function are all improvements over the iPhone and iPod touch’s more minimalist iPod interface. [via DF]
An iLounge forum thread dating back to February is highly suggested for readers planning to travel to the Bahamas with their iPhones. Reader iScottL reported having nearly $3,000 in roaming charges, despite having data roaming turned off. According to reader Doug Toombs, there is a carrier in Bermuda that uses the 310 Mobile Country Code, which is actually the code for the U.S. This causes the iPhone to read “AT&T” and to override any data roaming settings, since the phone believes it is on a U.S. network. Toombs’ report confirms that this issue has continued to exist in Bermuda through this month. Until the situation is resolved, iLounge recommends that all U.S. readers who have an iPhone through AT&T put the device into Airplane Mode if they are in Bermuda.
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Olloclip releases new Active Lens for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?