Mix: Verizon, Remote interface, Roaming in Bermuda
Discussing Verizon’s second quarter financial results, COO Denny Strigl said it was seeing minimal impact from the launch of the iPhone 3G. The AP reports that Strigl said Verizon was seeing what it believes to be a “minimal short-term impact” in customer flow due to the iPhone 3G, adding that the effect looks small compared to the overall size of Verizon Wireless, and suggesting that most new iPhone customers switching to AT&T are coming from other carriers, such as Sprint.
The iPhone/iPod touch Remote application has a better interface than the iPhone’s own built-in iPod app, according to a recent blog post. In the post, the author argues that the addition of item counts and icons to the Playlist view, artist names and scrolling dots when viewing a selected playlist, and the search function are all improvements over the iPhone and iPod touch’s more minimalist iPod interface. [via DF]
An iLounge forum thread dating back to February is highly suggested for readers planning to travel to the Bahamas with their iPhones. Reader iScottL reported having nearly $3,000 in roaming charges, despite having data roaming turned off. According to reader Doug Toombs, there is a carrier in Bermuda that uses the 310 Mobile Country Code, which is actually the code for the U.S. This causes the iPhone to read “AT&T” and to override any data roaming settings, since the phone believes it is on a U.S. network. Toombs’ report confirms that this issue has continued to exist in Bermuda through this month. Until the situation is resolved, iLounge recommends that all U.S. readers who have an iPhone through AT&T put the device into Airplane Mode if they are in Bermuda.
- Report: iPad Pro to be official name of large iPad, more details revealed
- Mozilla begins rollout of Firefox for iOS preview
- Google releases Google Street View app for iOS
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Judge approves $415M settlement in anti-poaching lawsuit
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Divoom AuraBox Bluetooth Speaker
- Belkin WeMo + OSRAM Lightify White Tunable Starter Set
- Logitech Logi BLOK cases for iPad mini + iPad Air 2
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?