Mix: Verizon, XVIII case, A4 teardown, Eos sale
Speaking before the Council on Foreign Relations, Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg said the company has told Apple it wants to carry the iPhone. According to the Associated Press, Seidenberg cited a recent report that Apple was working on a CDMA version of the iPhone, but stopped short of confirming a deal or offering any further details.
XVIII Limited has introduced its Apple iPhone Case. Available in either crocodile or ostrich, the sleeve-like case offers a variety of exterior colors and floral silk lining. XVIII’s Apple iPhone Case in crocodile or ostrich is available now and sells for $150 or $120, respectively.
iFixit, with the help of Chipworks, has provided a teardown of the Apple A4 processor that powers the iPad. According to the teardown, the A4 uses package-on-package construction for improved speed and efficiency, and features two layers of RAM; notably, there was no Samsung part number found on the processor die as has been found on each past iPhone processor, which iFixit claims is “perhaps the clearest sign to date that Apple is in firm control of the semiconductor design.”
IntelliTouch is offering a one-week only 25% discount on all its Eos Wireless audio products, including several solutions for the iPad, iPhone, Mac, and PC. To take advantage of the discount, enter the code “redtag” during checkout. The offer will expire on April 12.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q4 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q4 2014: 39.3M iPhones, 12.3M iPads, 2.6M iPods, $42.1B revenue
- Apple releases Apple TV Software Update 7.0.1
- Apple releases iOS 8.1
- Apple launches iCloud Photos Beta Web Client
- Apple working to cut music subscription prices
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Store returns, begins taking iPad pre-orders
- Apple updates Pages, Numbers, Keynote for iCloud Drive
- Belkin announces QODE keyboards for iPad Air 2
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Belkin Qode Ultimate Pro Keyboard Case for iPad Air
- Uniq Aircraft Clear for iPhone 6
- STM Harbour for iPhone 6 Plus
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12