Mix: Verizon, XVIII case, A4 teardown, Eos sale
Speaking before the Council on Foreign Relations, Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg said the company has told Apple it wants to carry the iPhone. According to the Associated Press, Seidenberg cited a recent report that Apple was working on a CDMA version of the iPhone, but stopped short of confirming a deal or offering any further details.
XVIII Limited has introduced its Apple iPhone Case. Available in either crocodile or ostrich, the sleeve-like case offers a variety of exterior colors and floral silk lining. XVIII’s Apple iPhone Case in crocodile or ostrich is available now and sells for $150 or $120, respectively.
iFixit, with the help of Chipworks, has provided a teardown of the Apple A4 processor that powers the iPad. According to the teardown, the A4 uses package-on-package construction for improved speed and efficiency, and features two layers of RAM; notably, there was no Samsung part number found on the processor die as has been found on each past iPhone processor, which iFixit claims is “perhaps the clearest sign to date that Apple is in firm control of the semiconductor design.”
IntelliTouch is offering a one-week only 25% discount on all its Eos Wireless audio products, including several solutions for the iPad, iPhone, Mac, and PC. To take advantage of the discount, enter the code “redtag” during checkout. The offer will expire on April 12.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0