Mix: Verizon, XVIII case, A4 teardown, Eos sale
Speaking before the Council on Foreign Relations, Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg said the company has told Apple it wants to carry the iPhone. According to the Associated Press, Seidenberg cited a recent report that Apple was working on a CDMA version of the iPhone, but stopped short of confirming a deal or offering any further details.
XVIII Limited has introduced its Apple iPhone Case. Available in either crocodile or ostrich, the sleeve-like case offers a variety of exterior colors and floral silk lining. XVIII’s Apple iPhone Case in crocodile or ostrich is available now and sells for $150 or $120, respectively.
iFixit, with the help of Chipworks, has provided a teardown of the Apple A4 processor that powers the iPad. According to the teardown, the A4 uses package-on-package construction for improved speed and efficiency, and features two layers of RAM; notably, there was no Samsung part number found on the processor die as has been found on each past iPhone processor, which iFixit claims is “perhaps the clearest sign to date that Apple is in firm control of the semiconductor design.”
IntelliTouch is offering a one-week only 25% discount on all its Eos Wireless audio products, including several solutions for the iPad, iPhone, Mac, and PC. To take advantage of the discount, enter the code “redtag” during checkout. The offer will expire on April 12.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today