Mix: Vonage, Chess Wars, Dual SIM, Rock Band
Vonage has announced that it has received approval from Apple for its mobile application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Although the company has yet to reveal details, the app is expected to allow users to place VoIP calls using their Vonage account over Wi-Fi. According to the announcement, the company is currently conducting a beta test of the software and will announce availability at a later date.
Apple has rejected an update to the game Chess Wars, claiming after a six-week wait that the game’s chat feature bore too close a resemblance to Apple’s own Messaging application. Joe Stump of Blunder Move, developer of Chess Wars, writes on his blog (Warning: NSFW; strong language) that the company submitted an update to the game which featured a critical bug fix to Apple roughly six weeks ago, only now hearing back that the chat feature’s bubbles look too much like Apple’s “trademarked” chat bubbles. Among other suggestions, the Apple representative Stump talked to said the company could make their bubbles “less shiny;” Stump also points out that his bubbles are basically the same as those found in the official Facebook application for the iPhone and iPod touch. [via DF]
USBFever has launched a new 3-in-1 External Battery case with Dual SIM function for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. The case features an integrated 1900mAh battery, a mini-USB port for recharging, open access to all ports and controls save for the Dock Connector and ring/silent switch, an LED power indicator, and a dual SIM card adapter that allows users to switch between the two SIM cards using the Settings application. It is unclear, however, whether the adapter works with non-jailbroken/unlocked iPhones. The 3-in-1 External Battery Case with Dual SIM function is available now and sells for $60.
EA has announced a new version of Rock Band for mobile devices set to launch on Verizon September 16. Despite the apparent network restriction, screenshots of the game posted to EA Mobile’s Facebook account show what appears to be a very iPhone-friendly interface, suggesting the game may yet see a release on the App Store. Officially, EA Mobile says it is “unable to comment on any other platforms at this time.”
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?