Mix: Wal-Mart, India, Amazon, PlayStation
Wal-Mart has officially closed its online movie download service, less than a year after it launched. A Wal-Mart spokeswoman said the company closed the store only after Hewlett-Packard, which provided the back end software for the site, “made a business decision to discontinue its video download-only merchant store service.” Wal-Mart did not say whether it had any plans to launch another service using different software.
Apple may face serious challenges in bringing the iPhone to India, according to a new report. One of the main problems, finding a carrier to partner with, is exacerbated by the fact that three out of four Indian mobile users are pre-paid customers, and the average revenue per user is less than $6.50 a month. “Not many operators would want to go with such a pro-Apple model despite its huge anticipation in the Indian markets,” said a top telecom official.
Amazon.com has released its “Best of 2007” lists, with the 4GB iPod nano (with video) making an appearance as the Most-Wished-For product in electronics. It was also the Most Popular Gift in the electronics section. Other Apple products making the lists were the MacBook Pro and Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
A new PlayStation emulator, psx4iphone, has been released publicly for the iPhone and iPod touch. Requiring a jailbroken iPhone or iPod touch, the software has “a good compatibility rate and features save states and a dynarec for added performance.” A YouTube video showing the emulator in action is also available.
- Apple’s Eddy Cue shares his hopes for Apple News
- Report: Apple testing dual front cameras, wireless charging, and more in iPhone 7 prototypes
- Apple expands Personal Pickup to 6 more EU countries
- Apple Music coming to Sonos Dec. 15 through public beta program
- Apple to drop headphone jack from next iPhone?
- Amazon Instant Video app could hit Apple TV ‘within a few weeks’
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- Grid Connect ConnectSense Smart Outlet
- iDevices Switch HomeKit and Wi-Fi enabled plug
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Pro
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?