Mix: Wal-Mart, India, Amazon, PlayStation
Wal-Mart has officially closed its online movie download service, less than a year after it launched. A Wal-Mart spokeswoman said the company closed the store only after Hewlett-Packard, which provided the back end software for the site, “made a business decision to discontinue its video download-only merchant store service.” Wal-Mart did not say whether it had any plans to launch another service using different software.
Apple may face serious challenges in bringing the iPhone to India, according to a new report. One of the main problems, finding a carrier to partner with, is exacerbated by the fact that three out of four Indian mobile users are pre-paid customers, and the average revenue per user is less than $6.50 a month. “Not many operators would want to go with such a pro-Apple model despite its huge anticipation in the Indian markets,” said a top telecom official.
Amazon.com has released its “Best of 2007” lists, with the 4GB iPod nano (with video) making an appearance as the Most-Wished-For product in electronics. It was also the Most Popular Gift in the electronics section. Other Apple products making the lists were the MacBook Pro and Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
A new PlayStation emulator, psx4iphone, has been released publicly for the iPhone and iPod touch. Requiring a jailbroken iPhone or iPod touch, the software has “a good compatibility rate and features save states and a dynarec for added performance.” A YouTube video showing the emulator in action is also available.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0