Mix: Wal-Mart, India, Amazon, PlayStation
Wal-Mart has officially closed its online movie download service, less than a year after it launched. A Wal-Mart spokeswoman said the company closed the store only after Hewlett-Packard, which provided the back end software for the site, “made a business decision to discontinue its video download-only merchant store service.” Wal-Mart did not say whether it had any plans to launch another service using different software.
Apple may face serious challenges in bringing the iPhone to India, according to a new report. One of the main problems, finding a carrier to partner with, is exacerbated by the fact that three out of four Indian mobile users are pre-paid customers, and the average revenue per user is less than $6.50 a month. “Not many operators would want to go with such a pro-Apple model despite its huge anticipation in the Indian markets,” said a top telecom official.
Amazon.com has released its “Best of 2007” lists, with the 4GB iPod nano (with video) making an appearance as the Most-Wished-For product in electronics. It was also the Most Popular Gift in the electronics section. Other Apple products making the lists were the MacBook Pro and Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
A new PlayStation emulator, psx4iphone, has been released publicly for the iPhone and iPod touch. Requiring a jailbroken iPhone or iPod touch, the software has “a good compatibility rate and features save states and a dynarec for added performance.” A YouTube video showing the emulator in action is also available.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple content delivery network for faster downloads now live in US, Europe
- Apps of the Week: NPR One, Crazy Taxi: City Rush, Interactive Alphabet 4.0 + more
- Report: Apple TV relaunch not coming this year
- Report: Apple eliminating positions of some Beats employees
- Russian government seeks Apple source code
- Square announces new Reader for chip cards
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Plantronics BackBeat Fit Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad Air
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks