Mix: Wal-Mart, India, Amazon, PlayStation
Wal-Mart has officially closed its online movie download service, less than a year after it launched. A Wal-Mart spokeswoman said the company closed the store only after Hewlett-Packard, which provided the back end software for the site, “made a business decision to discontinue its video download-only merchant store service.” Wal-Mart did not say whether it had any plans to launch another service using different software.
Apple may face serious challenges in bringing the iPhone to India, according to a new report. One of the main problems, finding a carrier to partner with, is exacerbated by the fact that three out of four Indian mobile users are pre-paid customers, and the average revenue per user is less than $6.50 a month. “Not many operators would want to go with such a pro-Apple model despite its huge anticipation in the Indian markets,” said a top telecom official.
Amazon.com has released its “Best of 2007” lists, with the 4GB iPod nano (with video) making an appearance as the Most-Wished-For product in electronics. It was also the Most Popular Gift in the electronics section. Other Apple products making the lists were the MacBook Pro and Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
A new PlayStation emulator, psx4iphone, has been released publicly for the iPhone and iPod touch. Requiring a jailbroken iPhone or iPod touch, the software has “a good compatibility rate and features save states and a dynarec for added performance.” A YouTube video showing the emulator in action is also available.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards