Mix: Walkman, Wimbledon, Secrecy, WWDC
Sony president Ryoji Chubachi said today that Sony’s Walkman digital music players continue to struggle against the iPod despite the introduction of new models over the past year. “We miscalculated with the Walkman,” Chubachi said, without elaborating.
Expodition has released the free Wimbledon Pod SnapShot, a downloadable iPod guide with information about the championships and the players. “It lists all players and wildcards, and contains detailed player profiles and statistics as well as seeding information. In addition, the Pod SnapShot includes profiles of legendary players and details classic Wimbledon championships.”
Robert Renck, an analyst at R. L. Renck & Co., says Apple’s quarterly product segment disclosure makes it a “have-faith, trust me” stock. Marketwatch reports: “As a result, he has warned his clients, Wall Street’s bullish forecasts aren’t without risk for this simple reason: Analysts can’t get a true and complete picture of how Apple makes its money. ‘I don’t think Apple is doing anything wrong other than their penchant for secrecy,’ he says.”
Apple announced today that CEO Steve Jobs and a team of Apple executives will kick off the company’s annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) with a keynote preview of Mac OS X “Leopard” on August 7 at San Francisco’s Moscone West.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Apple TV software updates to 7.0 with Beats Music channel and redesigned look
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time?
- New Cook interview provides insight on Apple Watch development
- Apple releases iOS 8
- Report: Apple to unveil new iPads on October 21
- Foxconn struggling to meet demand for iPhone 6
- Apple to require app-specific passwords for third-party apps in iCloud
- Apple posts guide for moving content from Android to iPhone
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels