Mix: White iPhone 4, SparkPlug, Flashlight, Corporate iPad
A white iPhone 4 has been obtained and unboxed, with the photographs posted online. M.I.C. Gadget has posted photos of the delayed handset’s box, as well as the device itself, including the proximity and ambient light sensor holes above the earpiece speaker.
SparkPlug Industries has introduced the SparkPlug Flash for the iPhone 3G and 3GS. The dock-connecting accessory features a cluster of four LEDs on the rear to illuminate photos, and a touch sensor for controlling the light. The SparkPlus Flash for the iPhone 3G and 3GS is available now and sells for $20.
Apple has started accepting iPhone 4 LED flashlight applications submitted to the App Store. Mac Rumors reports that developer Michael D’Ulisse submitted his Flashlight - For iPhone 4 app on June 25, but was told by Apple that such apps would be rejected as “inappropriate use of hardware.” D’Ulisse appealed to Apple executive Phil Schiller, who reportedly met with the App review department and got the guidelines changed to allow in D’Ulisse’s app and others like it. Notably, the same effect can be achieved by simply turning the flash to “On” when the Camera application is open and in video mode.
The iPad is gaining traction in a number of large corporations, according to a Bloomberg BusinessWeek profile. According to the article, Wells Fargo SAP, Tellabs, and Mercedes-Benz are all working to integrate the tablet into the company’s workflows, with Megan Minich, a Wells Fargo senior vice-president, saying that the company has “got a bunch ordered that we can’t get yet.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iFixit posts teardowns of iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Apple TV software updates to 7.0 with Beats Music channel and redesigned look
- New Cook interview provides insight on Apple Watch development
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels