Mix: White iPhone 4, SparkPlug, Flashlight, Corporate iPad
Published: Wednesday, July 7, 2010
A white iPhone 4 has been obtained and unboxed, with the photographs posted online. M.I.C. Gadget has posted photos of the delayed handset’s box, as well as the device itself, including the proximity and ambient light sensor holes above the earpiece speaker.
SparkPlug Industries has introduced the SparkPlug Flash for the iPhone 3G and 3GS. The dock-connecting accessory features a cluster of four LEDs on the rear to illuminate photos, and a touch sensor for controlling the light. The SparkPlus Flash for the iPhone 3G and 3GS is available now and sells for $20.
Apple has started accepting iPhone 4 LED flashlight applications submitted to the App Store. Mac Rumors reports that developer Michael D’Ulisse submitted his Flashlight - For iPhone 4 app on June 25, but was told by Apple that such apps would be rejected as “inappropriate use of hardware.” D’Ulisse appealed to Apple executive Phil Schiller, who reportedly met with the App review department and got the guidelines changed to allow in D’Ulisse’s app and others like it. Notably, the same effect can be achieved by simply turning the flash to “On” when the Camera application is open and in video mode.
The iPad is gaining traction in a number of large corporations, according to a Bloomberg BusinessWeek profile. According to the article, Wells Fargo SAP, Tellabs, and Mercedes-Benz are all working to integrate the tablet into the company’s workflows, with Megan Minich, a Wells Fargo senior vice-president, saying that the company has “got a bunch ordered that we can’t get yet.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iTunes Radio could be standalone app in iOS 8
- Apple drops iPhone return policy to 14 days
- Apps: Duolingo 3.3, Marvel Unlimited 2.0, Smash Hit + Wave Wave
- Apple running large iPhone 5c ad on NY Times site
- Report: iOS 8 Maps to gain public transit directions
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number