Mix: White iPhone 4, SparkPlug, Flashlight, Corporate iPad
A white iPhone 4 has been obtained and unboxed, with the photographs posted online. M.I.C. Gadget has posted photos of the delayed handset’s box, as well as the device itself, including the proximity and ambient light sensor holes above the earpiece speaker.
SparkPlug Industries has introduced the SparkPlug Flash for the iPhone 3G and 3GS. The dock-connecting accessory features a cluster of four LEDs on the rear to illuminate photos, and a touch sensor for controlling the light. The SparkPlus Flash for the iPhone 3G and 3GS is available now and sells for $20.
Apple has started accepting iPhone 4 LED flashlight applications submitted to the App Store. Mac Rumors reports that developer Michael D’Ulisse submitted his Flashlight - For iPhone 4 app on June 25, but was told by Apple that such apps would be rejected as “inappropriate use of hardware.” D’Ulisse appealed to Apple executive Phil Schiller, who reportedly met with the App review department and got the guidelines changed to allow in D’Ulisse’s app and others like it. Notably, the same effect can be achieved by simply turning the flash to “On” when the Camera application is open and in video mode.
The iPad is gaining traction in a number of large corporations, according to a Bloomberg BusinessWeek profile. According to the article, Wells Fargo SAP, Tellabs, and Mercedes-Benz are all working to integrate the tablet into the company’s workflows, with Megan Minich, a Wells Fargo senior vice-president, saying that the company has “got a bunch ordered that we can’t get yet.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3 cellular models available in China this week
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0