Mix: Wi-Fi sync, Pioneer, Malaysia, CucciCoos
Published: Friday, June 25, 2010
In response to a customer email asking, “Do you think you will ever allow syncing iPhone to Mac over Wi-Fi?,” Apple CEO Steve Jobs reportedly said, “Yep, someday.” Mashable notes that several iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad applications already sync data between the Mac (or PC) over Wi-Fi, but most require specialized desktop software to be running in order for the feature to work.
Pioneer Electronics has introduced a new line of Elite A/V receivers that offer iPhone and iPod support. In addition to offering Works with iPod/iPhone certification via an integrated plug-and-play experience, the new receivers will allow iPhone and iPod touch users to control the audio settings via Pioneer’s iControlAV app, which is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Malaysia Airlines has installed a bank of five iPad-driven kiosks in Kuala Lumpur Sentral to allow passengers to check in via iPad. The iPads are running a modified version of the airline’s existing MHmobile app, which allows users to book flights, check in and choose seats, retrieve their flight status, and more.
Visual Ingenuity has introduced its new CucciCoos covers for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. These handcrafted sleeve-style cases are made from a variety of materials and are lined with sheepskin suede to gently clean the device as it is removed from the case. CucciCoos are available now and are priced at $25 and up.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone