Mix: Wi-Fi sync, Pioneer, Malaysia, CucciCoos
In response to a customer email asking, “Do you think you will ever allow syncing iPhone to Mac over Wi-Fi?,” Apple CEO Steve Jobs reportedly said, “Yep, someday.” Mashable notes that several iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad applications already sync data between the Mac (or PC) over Wi-Fi, but most require specialized desktop software to be running in order for the feature to work.
Pioneer Electronics has introduced a new line of Elite A/V receivers that offer iPhone and iPod support. In addition to offering Works with iPod/iPhone certification via an integrated plug-and-play experience, the new receivers will allow iPhone and iPod touch users to control the audio settings via Pioneer’s iControlAV app, which is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Malaysia Airlines has installed a bank of five iPad-driven kiosks in Kuala Lumpur Sentral to allow passengers to check in via iPad. The iPads are running a modified version of the airline’s existing MHmobile app, which allows users to book flights, check in and choose seats, retrieve their flight status, and more.
Visual Ingenuity has introduced its new CucciCoos covers for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. These handcrafted sleeve-style cases are made from a variety of materials and are lined with sheepskin suede to gently clean the device as it is removed from the case. CucciCoos are available now and are priced at $25 and up.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0