Mix: Wi-Fi sync, Pioneer, Malaysia, CucciCoos
In response to a customer email asking, “Do you think you will ever allow syncing iPhone to Mac over Wi-Fi?,” Apple CEO Steve Jobs reportedly said, “Yep, someday.” Mashable notes that several iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad applications already sync data between the Mac (or PC) over Wi-Fi, but most require specialized desktop software to be running in order for the feature to work.
Pioneer Electronics has introduced a new line of Elite A/V receivers that offer iPhone and iPod support. In addition to offering Works with iPod/iPhone certification via an integrated plug-and-play experience, the new receivers will allow iPhone and iPod touch users to control the audio settings via Pioneer’s iControlAV app, which is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Malaysia Airlines has installed a bank of five iPad-driven kiosks in Kuala Lumpur Sentral to allow passengers to check in via iPad. The iPads are running a modified version of the airline’s existing MHmobile app, which allows users to book flights, check in and choose seats, retrieve their flight status, and more.
Visual Ingenuity has introduced its new CucciCoos covers for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. These handcrafted sleeve-style cases are made from a variety of materials and are lined with sheepskin suede to gently clean the device as it is removed from the case. CucciCoos are available now and are priced at $25 and up.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?