Mix: Wi-Fi sync, Pioneer, Malaysia, CucciCoos
In response to a customer email asking, “Do you think you will ever allow syncing iPhone to Mac over Wi-Fi?,” Apple CEO Steve Jobs reportedly said, “Yep, someday.” Mashable notes that several iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad applications already sync data between the Mac (or PC) over Wi-Fi, but most require specialized desktop software to be running in order for the feature to work.
Pioneer Electronics has introduced a new line of Elite A/V receivers that offer iPhone and iPod support. In addition to offering Works with iPod/iPhone certification via an integrated plug-and-play experience, the new receivers will allow iPhone and iPod touch users to control the audio settings via Pioneer’s iControlAV app, which is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Malaysia Airlines has installed a bank of five iPad-driven kiosks in Kuala Lumpur Sentral to allow passengers to check in via iPad. The iPads are running a modified version of the airline’s existing MHmobile app, which allows users to book flights, check in and choose seats, retrieve their flight status, and more.
Visual Ingenuity has introduced its new CucciCoos covers for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. These handcrafted sleeve-style cases are made from a variety of materials and are lined with sheepskin suede to gently clean the device as it is removed from the case. CucciCoos are available now and are priced at $25 and up.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards