Mix: Wi-Fi sync, Pioneer, Malaysia, CucciCoos
In response to a customer email asking, “Do you think you will ever allow syncing iPhone to Mac over Wi-Fi?,” Apple CEO Steve Jobs reportedly said, “Yep, someday.” Mashable notes that several iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad applications already sync data between the Mac (or PC) over Wi-Fi, but most require specialized desktop software to be running in order for the feature to work.
Pioneer Electronics has introduced a new line of Elite A/V receivers that offer iPhone and iPod support. In addition to offering Works with iPod/iPhone certification via an integrated plug-and-play experience, the new receivers will allow iPhone and iPod touch users to control the audio settings via Pioneer’s iControlAV app, which is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Malaysia Airlines has installed a bank of five iPad-driven kiosks in Kuala Lumpur Sentral to allow passengers to check in via iPad. The iPads are running a modified version of the airline’s existing MHmobile app, which allows users to book flights, check in and choose seats, retrieve their flight status, and more.
Visual Ingenuity has introduced its new CucciCoos covers for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. These handcrafted sleeve-style cases are made from a variety of materials and are lined with sheepskin suede to gently clean the device as it is removed from the case. CucciCoos are available now and are priced at $25 and up.
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?