Mix: X-Plane, Soaripod, Kodak Gallery, SimCity
Laminar Research, developers of Best iPhone/iPod touch App of the Year, X-Plane 9, has released X-Plane Helicopter and X-Plane Airliner for the iPhone and iPod touch. X-Plane Helicopter and Airliner use the same FAA-Certified flight-model used in X-Plane for the desktop and the prior X-Plane 9 for the iPhone, providing users with realistic helicopter and commercial airliner flight simulation. Helicopter offers a number of different helicopters to fly, including the Robinson R-22, the Bell-206, the BlackHawk, and the Sea King, and uses the Grand Canyon as the in-flight area, providing varied, visually-interesting terrain in which to fly. Airliner, on the other hand, lets users pilot large, long-range airliners including the Boeing 777, 747, and 787, as well as the Airbus A-380, and lets users fly over Southern California, from San Diego to Edwards Air Force Base. X-Plane Helicopter and X-Plane Airliner are available now from the App Store and sell for $5 each.
Papadakis Technologies has announced that it is now shipping its Soaripod device stand with a holster compatible with the iPhone 3G. The Soaripod is a flexible stand that holds devices using a belt clip holster included with the stand, and attaches to various surfaces using a metal P-clamp. Papadakis Technology’s Soaripod is available now for $30; for more information, see our review.
Kodak has released its Kodak Gallery application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The app allows Gallery members to access and browse their albums directly from device, upload pictures from the iPhone’s camera to the service, share albums via email, and lets users view their albums as full screen slideshows. Kodak’s Gallery application is available as a free download from the App Store.
Electronic Arts has released its SimCity game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based on SimCity 3000 and offering a full PC experience, the game lets users build a city from scratch, including public and private transportation, six zone types, and public works management, lets them destroy their city with five different disasters, and features three difficulty settings and city sizes. In addition, the game offers intuitive touch-based controls, letting users flick to move about in the city, and zoom in and out to see more detail of a given area. SimCity is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?