Mix: X-Plane, Soaripod, Kodak Gallery, SimCity
Laminar Research, developers of Best iPhone/iPod touch App of the Year, X-Plane 9, has released X-Plane Helicopter and X-Plane Airliner for the iPhone and iPod touch. X-Plane Helicopter and Airliner use the same FAA-Certified flight-model used in X-Plane for the desktop and the prior X-Plane 9 for the iPhone, providing users with realistic helicopter and commercial airliner flight simulation. Helicopter offers a number of different helicopters to fly, including the Robinson R-22, the Bell-206, the BlackHawk, and the Sea King, and uses the Grand Canyon as the in-flight area, providing varied, visually-interesting terrain in which to fly. Airliner, on the other hand, lets users pilot large, long-range airliners including the Boeing 777, 747, and 787, as well as the Airbus A-380, and lets users fly over Southern California, from San Diego to Edwards Air Force Base. X-Plane Helicopter and X-Plane Airliner are available now from the App Store and sell for $5 each.
Papadakis Technologies has announced that it is now shipping its Soaripod device stand with a holster compatible with the iPhone 3G. The Soaripod is a flexible stand that holds devices using a belt clip holster included with the stand, and attaches to various surfaces using a metal P-clamp. Papadakis Technology’s Soaripod is available now for $30; for more information, see our review.
Kodak has released its Kodak Gallery application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The app allows Gallery members to access and browse their albums directly from device, upload pictures from the iPhone’s camera to the service, share albums via email, and lets users view their albums as full screen slideshows. Kodak’s Gallery application is available as a free download from the App Store.
Electronic Arts has released its SimCity game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based on SimCity 3000 and offering a full PC experience, the game lets users build a city from scratch, including public and private transportation, six zone types, and public works management, lets them destroy their city with five different disasters, and features three difficulty settings and city sizes. In addition, the game offers intuitive touch-based controls, letting users flick to move about in the city, and zoom in and out to see more detail of a given area. SimCity is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?