Mix: Yamaha, Remote, Dual Dock, Germany
Yamaha has released its YDS-11SL iPod Dock for select Yamaha AV Products. The Made for iPod-certified YDS-11SL features a Universal Dock that lets users connect the iPod to certain Yamaha products, allowing for on-screen navigation on some models, iPod charging, and the ability to control the iPod from the product’s remote control. It is available now for $100.
A new feature has been discovered in Apple’s Remote application for iPhone and iPod touch. When the application is open and connected to an Apple TV, anytime the user needs to enter information using the on-screen keyboard, a keyboard also appears in the Remote application, allowing the user to quickly enter information using the iPhone or iPod touch. [via DF]
A first-generation iPhone owner has successfully modified a Dual Dock for iPhone and the iPhone Bluetooth Headset for compatibility with the iPhone 3G. According to a rough translation, the user said, “I was lucky to get an iPhone 3G 16 GB last Thursday. As I could not find any dock for the iPhone 3G, I took my Dremel and decided to modify the dock shipping with the Bluetooth iPhone headset. Once polished, it looks like brand new and clean, and this is a substantial money saving[s].”
Apple “totally underestimated” demand for the iPhone 3G in Germany, according to a report in German magazine Focus. Citing an unnamed Apple manager, the report says that T-Mobile expected to receive 40,000 iPhone 3Gs from Apple for the July 11 launch, but less than half that number actually reached shops. The report suggests that it may take until early October until shops in Germany are restocked.
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?