Mix: YouTube, Zune content, wiPod, iBall
YouTube plans to provide “every” music video for free on its popular video sharing site. The company is reportedly in talks with Warner Music and EMI. Analysts said the move is a “nail in the coffin” for paid music videos and potentially threatens iTunes.
Microsoft’s Zune media player will come with pre-loaded videos. EMI Group, the world’s third-largest music company, has reportedly signed a deal to provide content from its artists, including rock bands 30 Seconds To Mars and Hot Chip.
AnchorFree—“the world’s largest free Wi-Fi network and community, consisting of more than 10,000 wireless hotspots in over 2,400 cities across the U.S. and worldwide”—has announced the availability of its new wiPod solution, which allows users to download lists of hotspot locations to their iPods.
Oregon Scientific has announced a price drop on its iBall speaker for iPods. The iBall is now priced at $179, a $70 discount. The iBall is a wireless remote speaker built for all versions of the iPod, and operates wirelessly using 2.4GHz technology.
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?