Mix: Zegna iJacket, Survey, H.264, Ministry
Zegna Sport has announced its Bluetooth iJacket, a new men’s jacket that features a Bluetooth interface, integrated collar microphone, an iPod connector, and controls embedded in the jacket sleeve. The Zegna Bluetooth iJacket is now available at Ermenegildo Zegna boutiques and sells for $1700.
A recent survey by Kensington shows that many iPod and MP3 player owners don’t fully utilize all the features of their devices. “After the initial excitement of getting an MP3 player and uploading their favorite songs this research found that users rarely add further tunes, photos or data that the music device has the potential for,” said Karen Hicks, product manager at Kensington.
Adobe has announced support for the H.264 codec in its Flash Video Player 9 software. In May it was revealed that YouTube was converting its video library to the H.264 codec for compatibility with the Apple TV. The latest beta release of Flash Player 9 is available on Adobe’s website; the final version is expected in Sept.
Ministry of Sound has introduced a new sound system with an integrated iPod Dock. The MOSMC057IP DAB Micro System with iPod Dock features 2x20W RMS power, an alarm clock, and will sell for £140, or about $280, when it goes on sale later this month. [via Tech Digest]
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Road Trip, Football Manager Handheld 2015, Deliveries 6.0 + more
- Square plans to accept Apple Pay in 2015
- Google settles patent litigation with Apple’s Rockstar consortium
- Corning announces Gorilla Glass 4
- Report: GT Advanced struggled with sapphire production
- Report: Apple plans to integrate Beats Music directly into iOS
- Apple plans to ‘repurpose’ Arizona manufacturing plant, save jobs
- Apple announces WatchKit software tools available to developers now
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M in pager technology settlement
- Apple opens up Lightning port to third-party manufacturers, begins accepting HomeKit plans
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Logitech Keys-to-Go For iPad
- IvySkin Renegade for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Infinity Infinity One Wireless Speaker
- Twelve South PlugBug World iPad/iPhone Charger
- Pelican Protector for iPhone 6 and Voyager for iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Flip for iPhone 6
- Griffin Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0