Mix: Zeppelin, O2, Battery, Translator
A recent Guardian report claims that the Led Zeppelin collection “Mothership” will be available on iTunes when it hits stores November 12. The tracks, chosen by Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones, include “Stairway to Heaven,” “Whole Lotta Love,” and “Kashmir.”
Another report claiming O2 will carry the iPhone in the UK has appeared. While refusing to confirm that it has signed a deal with Apple, O2 chief executive Peter Erskine said: “We’re excited about this product and we certainly hope to be marketing it later in the year when it launches.”
New York’s Consumer Protection Board has raised complaints about the iPhone’s battery and Apple’s return policies. “I encourage Apple to redesign the iPhone in order to provide for a replaceable battery,” Mindy Bockstein, chairwoman and executive director of the Board, wrote to Steve Jobs, chief executive of Apple, in a letter dated July 17. Bockstein later said, “A high-end cell phone shouldn’t have to have low-end customer service.”
Coolgorilla has announced its iPhone Translator, sponsored by online travel retailer lastminute.com. The web-based application offers text and audio translations of common phrases in French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, and German. The translator can be accessed by visiting coolgorilla.com/iphone.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?