Mix: Zombie Mansion, Deep Green, Warfare, Dropship
Source IT Software has released Zombie Mansion, its new first-person shooter game for the iPhone and iPod touch. In the game, players are trapped in a monster infested mansion and must maneuver through the house collecting keys and weapons in order to escape. It offers five levels, 3D graphics, secret rooms, ten monster types, nine different weapon and health power-ups, and three levels of difficulty. Zombie Mansion is available now from the App Store and sells for $5.
Cocoa Stuff has released its Deep Green chess application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Originally released for Apple’s Newton platform, Deep Green has been completely rewritten for the iPhone platform, offering users the ability to tap or drag pieces to move, take back moves, playback the current game, and adjust the strength of the computer opponent’s chess engine. In addition, the game saves the current game state between sessions, and has a small memory footprint for added stability. Normally priced at $8, Deep Green is available through the end of December for $5.
Spiffcode has released a version of its award-winning real time strategy game Warfare Incorporated for the iPhone and iPod touch. Previously available for other mobile platforms, the Command & Conquer-style game lets players build forces to defend and control a newly discovered planet. It features 22 unit and structure types, two different landscapes, 20 story missions and over 200 add-on missions, and a full PC-based mission editor that lets users create and publish their own missions. In addition, the developer claims that a 2-4 person multiplayer mode is currently in beta testing and is “coming soon.” Warfare Incorporated is available now from the App Store and sells for $5.
Ngmoco has released its Dropship game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Dropship is an arcade shooter-style game in which players must pilot their ship through enemy caverns destroying turrets, tanks, and interceptors in order to rescue stranded allies. The game offers “touch-anywhere” dual-analog controls, a campaign mode with 18 missions, downloadable levels, a freeplay mode, achievements, high scores, and in-game characters personalized from the user’s contacts list. Dropship is available now from the App Store and sells for $2.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple content delivery network for faster downloads now live in US, Europe
- Apps of the Week: NPR One, Crazy Taxi: City Rush, Interactive Alphabet 4.0 + more
- Report: Apple TV relaunch not coming this year
- Report: Apple eliminating positions of some Beats employees
- Russian government seeks Apple source code
- Square announces new Reader for chip cards
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Plantronics BackBeat Fit Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad Air
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks