Mix: Zune phone, Marware, NBC shows, Apple stores
Microsoft said yesterday that it plans to introduce a Zune-branded cell phone. “A Zune phone is definitely part of the future of this brand,” Chris Stephenson, general manager of global marketing for Zune, told reporters. Meanwhile, Microsoft’s J. Allard says the iPod is “the Pong of digital music.”
Marware has announced that its C.E.O. line of leather iPod cases is compatible with the new second-generation iPod nano. These products include the C.E.O. Classic, C.E.O Billfold Wallet, and C.E.O. Card Wallet. In addition, the Sportsuit Sleeve and Sportsuit Safari cases also fit the new nano.
NBC said this week that it will offer episodes of select prime-time shows for free online viewing. Reuters reports that NBC will stream the first four episodes of comedies “30 Rock” and “Twenty Good Years,” and the first eight episodes of dramas “Kidnapped,” “Friday Night Lights,” “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip” and “Heroes” on its ad-supported broadband player at NBC.com.
Apple will unveil new design features at its retail stores later this month. “It’s an upgrade,” said Ron Johnson, senior vice president of retail at Apple. The new design features will draw from Apple’s new Fifth Avenue store in New York City.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple Pay Bank of America customers experiencing double-charges
- iPad Air 2 unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- Apple’s new Maps Connect lets businesses manage listings, request iBeacon indoor mapping
- Apple reportedly begins in-store sales of iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Cook discussing security with top Chinese official
- GT and Apple to part ways ‘amicably’
- Apple Pay can be used internationally with U.S.-based cards
- Notes from Apple’s Q4 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q4 2014: 39.3M iPhones, 12.3M iPads, 2.6M iPods, $42.1B revenue
- Apple releases Apple TV Software Update 7.0.1
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0