Mobee shows new chargers for Magic Trackpad, more
At its booth in the iLounge Pavilion at the 2011 International CES, Mobee has given iLounge an exclusive preview of its upcoming charging solutions for Apple’s Magic Trackpad, Wireless Keyboard, and portable devices. The Magic Trackpad and Wireless Keyboard solution consists of rechargeable battery tubes that slip into the devices’ battery compartments, with a small external nub that slides into a receptacle on the charger. The charger itself is a stylish metal piece with a curved tray designed to hold the curved rear surfaces of the trackpad and keyboard. For either device, users can expect to recharge the battery pack every 3-4 weeks; the battery pack recharges in roughly eight-hours. A second charger will be offered that is similar to the first but features a large rear surface for charging a Magic Mouse and second device, as well as an integrated four-port USB hub.
Mobee’s portable solution consists of a 5,000mAh battery inside an iPhone 4-inspired case. The portable battery pack charges via induction on either the company’s Magic Charger base or on the upcoming keyboard charger, with a USB port for charging an iPod, iPhone, iPad, or other portable device. Interestingly, the battery pack itself also doubles as an inductive charger for the company’s Magic Mouse battery pack or other future inductive charging solutions for the company, switching between the two modes with the flip of a switch. Pricing and availability for Mobee’s new products have yet to be announced.
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Amazon to ban sale of Apple TV
- Google launches Google Music Family Plan
- Most screen protectors should work with 3D Touch
- Incipio acquires Incase
- Numerous companies debut iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus cases
- App Store prices going up in Australia, Indonesia and Sweden
- Apple’s antitrust monitor is leaving for good
- Happy Columbus Day + Canadian Thanksgiving!
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?