Mobee shows new chargers for Magic Trackpad, more
At its booth in the iLounge Pavilion at the 2011 International CES, Mobee has given iLounge an exclusive preview of its upcoming charging solutions for Apple’s Magic Trackpad, Wireless Keyboard, and portable devices. The Magic Trackpad and Wireless Keyboard solution consists of rechargeable battery tubes that slip into the devices’ battery compartments, with a small external nub that slides into a receptacle on the charger. The charger itself is a stylish metal piece with a curved tray designed to hold the curved rear surfaces of the trackpad and keyboard. For either device, users can expect to recharge the battery pack every 3-4 weeks; the battery pack recharges in roughly eight-hours. A second charger will be offered that is similar to the first but features a large rear surface for charging a Magic Mouse and second device, as well as an integrated four-port USB hub.
Mobee’s portable solution consists of a 5,000mAh battery inside an iPhone 4-inspired case. The portable battery pack charges via induction on either the company’s Magic Charger base or on the upcoming keyboard charger, with a USB port for charging an iPod, iPhone, iPad, or other portable device. Interestingly, the battery pack itself also doubles as an inductive charger for the company’s Magic Mouse battery pack or other future inductive charging solutions for the company, switching between the two modes with the flip of a switch. Pricing and availability for Mobee’s new products have yet to be announced.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Tony Fadell to oversee restructured Google Glass project
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Bluetooth SIG announces Bluetooth 4.2
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards