MobileMe poll ends, Apple Fall 08 product poll begins
With over 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our latest iLounge poll — “Does Apple’s $99 MobileMe service interest you?” — has ended. Readers were given a variety of “Yes” choices, each including reasons why the service interested them, as well as a pair of “No” responses.
The majority (56%) of readers said “No,” MobileMe did not interest them, with 49% stating that it didn’t offer anything they would want to pay for, or for other reasons, while another 7% said they weren’t interested due to the various reports of service problems. Another 44% of readers were interested in the service, with 33% already subscribers: 21% of readers said they were subscribers mostly because of their PC or Mac needs, while another 12% said they subscribed mostly because of their iPhone/iPod touch needs. Finally, 6% of readers said they were not current subscribers but were interested mostly due to their iPhone and iPod touch needs, 3% were non-subscribers interested because of their Mac or PC needs, while only 2% said “Yes,” but for other reasons.
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s Fall 2008 lineup of products. We’d like to know: Are you considering purchasing one of Apple’s upcoming products, and if so, why? Do you simply want a currently-styled iPod, but with more capacity? Better battery life? Different colors? Are you hoping for a dramatic redesign? Or a new Mac? Or are you satisfied with the current options, and either planning to buy one of those, or simply sit this round out? The new poll, “Which one possible Fall 2008 Apple product has the best chance of winning your dollars?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy Holidays from iLounge
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Apple acquires automation app Workflow
- Nintendo updates Super Mario Run, makes more courses available for free play
- Apple confirms iCloud and Apple ID systems have not been breached in response to hacker threat
- Hackers claim to have access to millions of iCloud accounts, demand ransom from Apple
- Apple’s Siri in the running to voice control room functions at Marriott’s Aloft hotels
- Apple releases iTunes 12.6 with new cross-device movie rental feature
- Apple introduces Clips video app
- Apple reveals(RED) iPhone 7, 7 Plus models, doubles storage of iPhone SE
- Apple drops 32GB iPad mini 4, reduces price of 128GB model and discontinues iPad mini 2
- Apple unveils new upgraded entry-level 9.7” iPad, replacing iPad Air 2
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Pioneer Rayz Plus Lightning Connector Earphones
- BEEM United BeMe D200 Lightning Connector Earphones
- Jam Audio JAM Xterior Max Rugged Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- HiFiMAN Edition S Headphones
- Divoom Timebox Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- iClever BoostSound BTS-09 Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundcast VG1 Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10