MobileMe poll ends, Apple Fall 08 product poll begins
With over 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our latest iLounge poll — “Does Apple’s $99 MobileMe service interest you?” — has ended. Readers were given a variety of “Yes” choices, each including reasons why the service interested them, as well as a pair of “No” responses.
The majority (56%) of readers said “No,” MobileMe did not interest them, with 49% stating that it didn’t offer anything they would want to pay for, or for other reasons, while another 7% said they weren’t interested due to the various reports of service problems. Another 44% of readers were interested in the service, with 33% already subscribers: 21% of readers said they were subscribers mostly because of their PC or Mac needs, while another 12% said they subscribed mostly because of their iPhone/iPod touch needs. Finally, 6% of readers said they were not current subscribers but were interested mostly due to their iPhone and iPod touch needs, 3% were non-subscribers interested because of their Mac or PC needs, while only 2% said “Yes,” but for other reasons.
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s Fall 2008 lineup of products. We’d like to know: Are you considering purchasing one of Apple’s upcoming products, and if so, why? Do you simply want a currently-styled iPod, but with more capacity? Better battery life? Different colors? Are you hoping for a dramatic redesign? Or a new Mac? Or are you satisfied with the current options, and either planning to buy one of those, or simply sit this round out? The new poll, “Which one possible Fall 2008 Apple product has the best chance of winning your dollars?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?