MobileMe poll ends, Apple Fall 08 product poll begins
With over 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our latest iLounge poll — “Does Apple’s $99 MobileMe service interest you?” — has ended. Readers were given a variety of “Yes” choices, each including reasons why the service interested them, as well as a pair of “No” responses.
The majority (56%) of readers said “No,” MobileMe did not interest them, with 49% stating that it didn’t offer anything they would want to pay for, or for other reasons, while another 7% said they weren’t interested due to the various reports of service problems. Another 44% of readers were interested in the service, with 33% already subscribers: 21% of readers said they were subscribers mostly because of their PC or Mac needs, while another 12% said they subscribed mostly because of their iPhone/iPod touch needs. Finally, 6% of readers said they were not current subscribers but were interested mostly due to their iPhone and iPod touch needs, 3% were non-subscribers interested because of their Mac or PC needs, while only 2% said “Yes,” but for other reasons.
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s Fall 2008 lineup of products. We’d like to know: Are you considering purchasing one of Apple’s upcoming products, and if so, why? Do you simply want a currently-styled iPod, but with more capacity? Better battery life? Different colors? Are you hoping for a dramatic redesign? Or a new Mac? Or are you satisfied with the current options, and either planning to buy one of those, or simply sit this round out? The new poll, “Which one possible Fall 2008 Apple product has the best chance of winning your dollars?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- BMW acknowledges Bluetooth problems with iPhone 7
- Apple announces ‘Game of Thrones: Enhanced Edition’ interactive iBooks
- Apple announces App Store Search Ads
- Apple announces iOS business development partnership with Deloitte
- Apple logs iMessage contact info, could be compelled to offer info to police
- Apple reportedly calls in hackers for meeting on bug bounty program
- Apple creating new London headquarters
- Honeywell debuts Lyric T5 HomeKit-enabled smart thermostat
- Executives talk Apple Music successes and failures
- Apple Q4 earnings call set for October 27
- 808 Audio XS Sport Rugged Wireless Speaker
- Mass Fidelity Core Bluetooth Speaker
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps