MobileMe poll ends, Apple Fall 08 product poll begins
With over 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our latest iLounge poll — “Does Apple’s $99 MobileMe service interest you?” — has ended. Readers were given a variety of “Yes” choices, each including reasons why the service interested them, as well as a pair of “No” responses.
The majority (56%) of readers said “No,” MobileMe did not interest them, with 49% stating that it didn’t offer anything they would want to pay for, or for other reasons, while another 7% said they weren’t interested due to the various reports of service problems. Another 44% of readers were interested in the service, with 33% already subscribers: 21% of readers said they were subscribers mostly because of their PC or Mac needs, while another 12% said they subscribed mostly because of their iPhone/iPod touch needs. Finally, 6% of readers said they were not current subscribers but were interested mostly due to their iPhone and iPod touch needs, 3% were non-subscribers interested because of their Mac or PC needs, while only 2% said “Yes,” but for other reasons.
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s Fall 2008 lineup of products. We’d like to know: Are you considering purchasing one of Apple’s upcoming products, and if so, why? Do you simply want a currently-styled iPod, but with more capacity? Better battery life? Different colors? Are you hoping for a dramatic redesign? Or a new Mac? Or are you satisfied with the current options, and either planning to buy one of those, or simply sit this round out? The new poll, “Which one possible Fall 2008 Apple product has the best chance of winning your dollars?” lets you answer that question. As always, the iLounge Poll is on the left hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2016 earnings call
- Apple Q3 results: $42.4B revenue, 40M iPhones, 10M iPads sold
- Researchers expose security flaw in Osram smart bulbs
- Cops bust ‘criminal enterprise’ using stolen credit cards at Chicago-area Apple stores
- Update in iOS 10 allows for autoplay of silent videos in Safari
- WSJ: Apple brings in trusted executive Mansfield to head Apple Car project
- CarPlay to be available in all 2017 Ford models
- Rumors claim new iPhone will be released Sept. 16, could have ‘iPhone 6 SE’ name
- Photos claim to show alleged ‘iPad Pro 2’
- Apple to sell limited-edition Olympic Apple Watch bands exclusively in Brazil
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app