MobileMe to iCloud migration goes live for developers
Apple has taken its MobileMe to iCloud migration tool online for registered developers, and has also revealed more information pertaining to how the transition will be handled. 9 to 5 Mac reports that the tool, found at mobileme.com/move, lets developers migrate their mail, contact, bookmark, and calendar data from MobileMe to iCloud, leaving behind data relating to the sync of Mac Dashboard widgets, dock items, keychains, mail accounts, rules, signatures, smart mailboxes, and preferences. In a separate report, Mac Rumors states that current MobileMe users will be automatically signed up for the 20GB + 5GB free tier plan in iCloud—normally a $40/year plan—at no extra charge, and are automatically signed up for recurring billing with the next payment date shown as June 30, 2012—the same day MobileMe shuts down. Apple is expected to officially launch iCloud alongside iOS 5 this fall.
- iWork for iCloud beta now available to non-Apple users
- Cook discussing security with top Chinese official
- Report: Apple was aware of iCloud security hole in March
- Apple to require app-specific passwords for third-party apps in iCloud
- Apple upgrades current iCloud users to new storage prices
- Tim Cook says Apple to add more security alerts
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?