MobileMe to iCloud migration goes live for developers
Apple has taken its MobileMe to iCloud migration tool online for registered developers, and has also revealed more information pertaining to how the transition will be handled. 9 to 5 Mac reports that the tool, found at mobileme.com/move, lets developers migrate their mail, contact, bookmark, and calendar data from MobileMe to iCloud, leaving behind data relating to the sync of Mac Dashboard widgets, dock items, keychains, mail accounts, rules, signatures, smart mailboxes, and preferences. In a separate report, Mac Rumors states that current MobileMe users will be automatically signed up for the 20GB + 5GB free tier plan in iCloud—normally a $40/year plan—at no extra charge, and are automatically signed up for recurring billing with the next payment date shown as June 30, 2012—the same day MobileMe shuts down. Apple is expected to officially launch iCloud alongside iOS 5 this fall.
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- iWork for iCloud beta now available to non-Apple users
- Cook discussing security with top Chinese official
- Report: Apple was aware of iCloud security hole in March
- Apple to require app-specific passwords for third-party apps in iCloud
- Apple upgrades current iCloud users to new storage prices
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?