ModYFire debuts iWear for iPod nano | iLounge News

ModYFire debuts iWear for iPod nano

image

ModYFire has introduced its new iWear case for first- and second-generation iPod nano. The case, designed by Peter Zsolt Koren, sits underneath the user’s clothing, letting the nano clip to the outside. iWear can be used with clothing up to 1mm thick, and it was the winner of the first Hungarian Apple iPod casing design competition. The iWear is available from the ModYFire website and sells for $28.

« Forums: Best Song Ever, iPhone UMPC, Smartlists, Memories

McCartney: Beatles online music deal ‘virtually done’ »

Comments

So…does this clip nicely over one’s pacemaker?

Just wondering…

Posted by flatline response on May 11, 2007 at 1:32 PM (PDT)

This has got to be the greatest iPod case I’ve EVER seen!!!!  Makes me want to run out and buy a Nano

Posted by lilaliend on May 12, 2007 at 6:41 PM (PDT)

That’s actually quite clever!

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on May 13, 2007 at 8:00 AM (PDT)

Bleah. I don’t like the idea of having to reach inside my clothes to futz with an iPod case - and it’s not even a case, really, as much as it is a clip. The face of the iPod is still open to the elements.

I also don’t like what it does to the fabric - the way it bunches up and makes your clothes look is kind of ugly. And it can’t be that comfortable if it’s in your clothes against the skin.

Posted by Multimoog on May 13, 2007 at 3:10 PM (PDT)

moog, what a downer you are! besides, who wants a moog, let alone a multimoog!

Posted by jimcord on May 13, 2007 at 8:55 PM (PDT)

I can think of several electronic musicians off the top of my head who’d LOVE a multimoog.

Anyway, just giving my opinion. There are lots of iPod accessories I like, this just isn’t one of them. I mean, look at that thing. It’s all inside-the-clothes and not nearly enough protect-your-iPod, which is what I thought the point of iPod cases was to begin with. This is really little more than a lateral move from the clip that came with iPod minis.

Posted by Multimoog on May 14, 2007 at 1:39 PM (PDT)

I ordered and received the iwear modyfire last week. I primarily use my ipod video and haven’t really used my nano except when using the nike+. After using it for a couple of days I think I will use my nano more.

It’s actually quite easy to attach and detach even if you are wearing the shirt (despite the user instructions advise about attaching before putting the clothes on) but of course doing that increases the chances that it will pop out and hit the ground. Once it’s clipped on it’s very secure.  Yes, I tested it by whipping my shirt around over my sofa not to mention having just used it while teaching classes and travelling. Now I tend to wear shirts that have wide sleeves and are long (Ecko Unlimited) so despite having it attached to my sleeve (short sleeve) and on the bottom inner/hip side of the shirt it wasn’t uncomfortable, in fact, unlike having a case attached to your belt, wearing a neck strap holder or wearing an armband (nike+) I barely noticed that it was there. Personally, I like the groove it creates, particularly since I wear it down the side, not the front, of my shirt. My 1G white nano is almost hidden in the crease when viewed from the front. Attached to the (loose) sleeve or shirt it’s easy to use the controls as well.

Anyways, the biggest concern would be making sure you have at least a protective film on the front and back (and a dock cover) since the nano is exposed to the elements and the material of the clothes. I guess some people are worried about being mugged, but if someone was going to take it they would have to rip off part of your clothes, so that it would be little different than wearing a neck strap or armband. I live in Japan so I’m not worried at all about that.

I think it’s quite versatile and since it cost only $28.00 including postage I think it was a good deal and the most versatile (it can be attached to a thin belt or your backback strap) holder for the nano that I’ve bought so far.

Posted by CarloJpn on May 19, 2007 at 10:37 AM (PDT)