MOG update adds iOS 4 background audio
Online music service MOG has released an update to its music player for the iPhone and iPod touch, adding iOS 4 background audio support and several other new features. MOG is a subscription-based service that allows users to listen to personalized radio and music on demand via a web browser on their computer or a mobile app on iOS devices. The mobile application for the iPhone and iPod touch provides access to CD-quality music streamed on demand or downloaded directly to the device for offline listening, automatically syncing with settings and playlists on the MOG web site. Users can create personalized listening experiences by using music discovery modes or choosing from a selection of featured playlists. MOG 1.2 now provides background audio support on multitasking-capable iOS 4 devices allowing users to continue listening to their MOG playlists while using other applications as well as taking advantage of lock screen playback controls. The latest update also includes support for audio remote controls, in-line headphone remotes and third-party hi-fi docks and includes larger album artwork in downloaded tracks. MOG 1.2 is available from the U.S. App Store as a free download; a three-day free trial of the MOG online music service is available after which a $10 monthly subscription is required to continue using the app.
- Google Photos, Korg iM1, Moleskine Timepage, AmpliTube 4.0, Inbox by Gmail, Pixelmator for iPhone
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple Store, Asphalt 8, Magnetized, PCalc
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple confirms Apple TV to act as HomeKit hub
- Apple TV adds NatGeo TV channel
- Insteon’s HomeKit-enabled Hub now available
- Apple’s subscription TV service won’t be announced at WWDC next week
- WSJ: New Apple music service to debut at WWDC
- Updated Apple document claims Apple Watch won’t measure heart rate while in motion
- Report: Apple pursuing Drake for iTunes Radio guest DJ
- Typo to stop selling iPhone keyboard cases
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- RooCase Esteem for iPhone 6
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?