MOG update adds iOS 4 background audio
Online music service MOG has released an update to its music player for the iPhone and iPod touch, adding iOS 4 background audio support and several other new features. MOG is a subscription-based service that allows users to listen to personalized radio and music on demand via a web browser on their computer or a mobile app on iOS devices. The mobile application for the iPhone and iPod touch provides access to CD-quality music streamed on demand or downloaded directly to the device for offline listening, automatically syncing with settings and playlists on the MOG web site. Users can create personalized listening experiences by using music discovery modes or choosing from a selection of featured playlists. MOG 1.2 now provides background audio support on multitasking-capable iOS 4 devices allowing users to continue listening to their MOG playlists while using other applications as well as taking advantage of lock screen playback controls. The latest update also includes support for audio remote controls, in-line headphone remotes and third-party hi-fi docks and includes larger album artwork in downloaded tracks. MOG 1.2 is available from the U.S. App Store as a free download; a three-day free trial of the MOG online music service is available after which a $10 monthly subscription is required to continue using the app.
- AG Drive, Delectable Wines, Google Maps + more
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
- Apps: ESPN, Nike+ Fuel, Pinterest, Starbucks + Twitter
- Apple cracks down on gun and violence imagery in App Store screenshots
- Apple readmits marijuana-related app to App Store
- Microsoft Outlook, Timeline, Mean Girls: The Game + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?