Monster sues Fanny Wang claiming infringements on Beats
Monster Cable and Beats Electronics have filed a lawsuit against Fanny Wang Headphones, sister company to Hard Candy Cases and Gumdrop Cases, alleging that Fanny Wang’s recently debuted products infringe on a design patent and trade dress for the Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, and engage in unfair competition. The suit claims Fanny Wang’s headphones are deliberate “knock-offs” of the Monster/Beats Studio and Solo model headphones, and that the similarities between the companies’ respective products, packaging, and promotional materials are “likely to cause confusion” in the marketplace.
Despite striking similarities between the designs, as well as references made by Fanny Wang’s web site to Beats—including a claim that “the Fanny Wang headphones takes (sic) the trend started by ‘Beats by Dr Dre’ to the next level in terms of fashion, sound, and price”—Fanny Wang has called the suit “completely frivolous,” claiming that Monster and Beats Electronics are “using the legal system to put an incredible financial pressure” on the company. Monster and Beats are seeking an injunction against Fanny Wang marketing or selling their headphones, as well as monetary damages, including any profits made from selling the allegedly infringing headphones.
- Philips introduces dimmer remote kit for Hue lights
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Logitech introduces new Logi label
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?