Monster sues Fanny Wang claiming infringements on Beats
Monster Cable and Beats Electronics have filed a lawsuit against Fanny Wang Headphones, sister company to Hard Candy Cases and Gumdrop Cases, alleging that Fanny Wang’s recently debuted products infringe on a design patent and trade dress for the Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, and engage in unfair competition. The suit claims Fanny Wang’s headphones are deliberate “knock-offs” of the Monster/Beats Studio and Solo model headphones, and that the similarities between the companies’ respective products, packaging, and promotional materials are “likely to cause confusion” in the marketplace.
Despite striking similarities between the designs, as well as references made by Fanny Wang’s web site to Beats—including a claim that “the Fanny Wang headphones takes (sic) the trend started by ‘Beats by Dr Dre’ to the next level in terms of fashion, sound, and price”—Fanny Wang has called the suit “completely frivolous,” claiming that Monster and Beats Electronics are “using the legal system to put an incredible financial pressure” on the company. Monster and Beats are seeking an injunction against Fanny Wang marketing or selling their headphones, as well as monetary damages, including any profits made from selling the allegedly infringing headphones.
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?