Monster sues Fanny Wang claiming infringements on Beats
Monster Cable and Beats Electronics have filed a lawsuit against Fanny Wang Headphones, sister company to Hard Candy Cases and Gumdrop Cases, alleging that Fanny Wang’s recently debuted products infringe on a design patent and trade dress for the Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, and engage in unfair competition. The suit claims Fanny Wang’s headphones are deliberate “knock-offs” of the Monster/Beats Studio and Solo model headphones, and that the similarities between the companies’ respective products, packaging, and promotional materials are “likely to cause confusion” in the marketplace.
Despite striking similarities between the designs, as well as references made by Fanny Wang’s web site to Beats—including a claim that “the Fanny Wang headphones takes (sic) the trend started by ‘Beats by Dr Dre’ to the next level in terms of fashion, sound, and price”—Fanny Wang has called the suit “completely frivolous,” claiming that Monster and Beats Electronics are “using the legal system to put an incredible financial pressure” on the company. Monster and Beats are seeking an injunction against Fanny Wang marketing or selling their headphones, as well as monetary damages, including any profits made from selling the allegedly infringing headphones.
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Logitech introduces new Logi label
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Report: Apple in talks to launch virtual network service
- Dr. Dre’s new album coming to iTunes, Apple Music on Friday
- Nokia’s HERE Maps sold to automakers in $3.1B deal
- Report: Apple plans to use Siri to transcribe voicemails
- Leaked photos suggest thicker, Force Touch-equipped iPhones
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?