Mophie debuts hard case for new iPod shuffle | iLounge News

Mophie debuts hard case for new iPod shuffle

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Thursday, September 14, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

Mophie has announced the first case designed specifically for Apple’s second-generation iPod shuffle. Made from crystal clear plastic, the Wraptor case features grooves to wrap your headphone cord around and provides access to the built-in clip. The Wraptor will be available in October for $15.

« Mystery chips, no PortalPlayer inside new iPod nano

80GB Enhanced Fifth-Generation iPod, unboxed »

Comments

The case is nice, but it won’t allow you to dock the shuffle with it on the iPod.

Posted by rickey939 on September 14, 2006 at 8:22 PM (PDT)

Ben @ mophie here.

Wraptor is packaged with a 3 foot 1/8th inch to USB cable so that you’ll never have to remove the case. It also allows you to take along just a simple cable rather than a whole dock while traveling.

Rock On,
Ben

Posted by mophie on September 14, 2006 at 9:48 PM (PDT)

Rickey,
How’s your foot taste? smile j/k ofcourse

Very nice, functional case that seems like a perfect addition to the shuffle.  I like the added 1/8th to USB cable, seems like something that should be offered by itself as well.

Posted by LilAlienD in Maryland on September 15, 2006 at 5:53 AM (PDT)

I’m really liking all these new cases for these aluminum Apple products.  I think I’m going to start a new line of protective cases for hammers.

Posted by Henry on September 15, 2006 at 7:54 AM (PDT)

Henry,
Are you trying to imply that the colored aluminum casing is completely irresitable to chipping, scratching, and denting?

Posted by LilAlienD in Maryland on September 15, 2006 at 10:35 AM (PDT)

I ordered a shuffle for the size. Why make it bulkier?

Posted by GUTIERREZ on September 15, 2006 at 3:12 PM (PDT)

Agree with Guitierrez, if I want more weight, I will grab my new 8GB Nano. I don’t have a need to protect an $80 toy. That being said, I couldn’t afford an iPod for some time when I was in school and had there been shuffles, that would have been my first, and at the time only, iPod and I would have been happy to drop $15 to protect it. And this product is definately slick looking. But the shuffle itself is much slicker without the case.

Posted by divigation on September 15, 2006 at 6:11 PM (PDT)

Depending on how scratch resistant the case itself is, I think it looks cool; it’s not like the shuffle itself is overly fancy. Depending on how well the cord stays on the little grooves, that in itself would be worth it.

On the other hand, with something with such limited playlist ability, I’d prefer to have access to the controls.

Posted by threemilechild on September 17, 2006 at 7:16 AM (PDT)

I also think that cases for a shuffle are pointless, but I like the idea that this one lets you wrap your cord around it.  Its appealing to just stuff a tight bundle of ipod and headphones into your pants with having to untangle the cord to use the darn thing.

Posted by funnyperson1 on September 18, 2006 at 11:11 AM (PDT)

is there a round cut-out in the case so you can control the Shuffle (play, pause, volume, etc)?

Posted by rob on September 18, 2006 at 4:19 PM (PDT)