Mophie debuts Song Sling for iPod shuffle | iLounge News

Mophie debuts Song Sling for iPod shuffle

imageMophie has announced the Song Sling, a new iPod shuffle case and lanyard combo with integrated retractable earbuds. The Song Sling is priced at $39.99 and will be initially available in three colors—gray, blue and pink. It’s expected to ship beginning next month.

“Song Sling takes the basic lanyard concept to the next level,” says Mophie. “Its patent-pending design features concealed audio connections and retractable earbuds for ‘pull and play’ functionality. Song Sling raises the bar when it comes to style and convenience on the portable music scene.”

« New iPort In-Wall (IW) series announced, dated

Mix: Indie Podcasts, Woz, GarageBand, Lance Armstrong »

Comments

This looks to be a really nice product.  I also recommend visiting their photo gallery to check out the hot chick!

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on July 1, 2005 at 5:59 PM (PDT)

I think Sony has something very close to this, with the earphones being part of the lanyard.  I like the concept, but I have some ER-6i earbuds, so is not what I’m looking to get.

Posted by Melis on July 1, 2005 at 6:19 PM (PDT)

I’m thinking of getting this but I don’t like the idea of the shuffle being exposed. I’ve had problems with my shuffle after 15-20 minutes of exposure to sweat.

Posted by Mel on July 2, 2005 at 2:16 AM (PDT)

it’s a $79 product and you’re spending half that price for a carrier.. sigh. for goodness sake people

Posted by hwfan on July 3, 2005 at 12:33 AM (PDT)

Uh,the shuffle is a 100 dollar product…. 40 bucks for a case AND headphones really is not that bad…

Posted by Robert on July 3, 2005 at 12:54 PM (PDT)

this was all over macworld boston today, looks really cool.

Posted by Jeno on July 12, 2005 at 4:22 PM (PDT)