Mophie debuts wallet/case for new iPod nano | iLounge News

Mophie debuts wallet/case for new iPod nano

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, September 18, 2006
News Categories: iPod Accessories

image

Mophie has announced the release of Knox, a new aluminum wallet/case for the second-generation iPod nano. “Knox holds essentials securely—credit cards, cash, and nano—yet still lets you access your iPod connections,” says Mophie. “You can still slide your iPod in or out of all mophie RELO accessories securely because the Knox comes with a RELO-ready Radura case.” Pricing and availability was not announced.

« Napster exploring possible sale

Study: European iPod owners not flocking to online music »

Comments

Ben @ mophie here.

Pricing and Avalibility Is As Follows:

$44.99 (Includes a Radura Case)

Ships:  Late October

Rock On,
Ben

Posted by mophie on September 18, 2006 at 1:30 PM (PDT)

Finally a device that will allow not only my iPod to be stolen, but my money and personal identification too!

Posted by Amir on September 18, 2006 at 1:51 PM (PDT)

yeah you can loose it all at once.

no to be fair this does look like it will offer great protection for the nano maybe just a bit big for me.

Posted by boggis81 on September 18, 2006 at 2:24 PM (PDT)

I’m actually looking for something identical to this for the 5G iPod. Any suggestions?

Posted by jasonact on September 18, 2006 at 2:47 PM (PDT)

great another case that makes a beautiful and tiny mp3 player into a bulky mess of a case the size of a regular ipod.  Case makers need to make more cases that enhance the ipod and still keep it small.  Apple goes to a lot of trouble to keep making ipods smaller, but a lot of these case companies just destroy it…..

Posted by Case madMess on September 18, 2006 at 3:54 PM (PDT)

I’ve seen some cases that do the wallet thing well, and this is not one of them. First off, the one little clip holding all your money/credit cards hardly looks secure. Oh yeah, and it doesn’t look like a wallet at all. It looks like a mini safe or something which would make anyone using it look like a tool. As far as the people commenting on how you’d lose it all at once, I’ve never been robbed for my iPod, but I’d imagine that if I was they’d probably take the extra ten seconds to ask for my wallet as well.

Posted by rainking187 on September 18, 2006 at 4:46 PM (PDT)

I’d like to see photos of it closed, and at different angles.

Posted by Lester on September 18, 2006 at 5:35 PM (PDT)

Well…I have a couple of questions:

1) Can you place this in your back pocket and sit on it without any damage to its contents?

2) What are the actual dimensions?

I wouldn’t keep money in it as money is filthy and I don’t want it near my iPod.

Morphie’s website is well done.

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on September 18, 2006 at 6:45 PM (PDT)

Third question (sorry):

3) Does it come in a more feminine exterior?

I am interested in this case for my wife who has several access cards to enter her workplace, and this will not only store them; it will hide her iPod (she doesn’t wish to leave her iPod in her automobile).

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on September 18, 2006 at 6:51 PM (PDT)

I actually use a Vaja case for both my HP Ipaq 2210 and my 5G Ipod Video. They both fit in perfectly and it has a proper Billfold side as well as slots for several credit and business cards. It’s very smart and beautifully made. They aren’t cheap but as they are unique in that you can customise it to a cetain degree as well it was worth every penny. Takes about 3 weeks to make to order. I think it was a fluke that it was the same size as my Ipaq and if they would only make it specifically for the ipods I think they would sell loads more. I do have to put the Ipod into a iSkin case to make it snugger as it is quite a bit slimmer than the Ipaq. A minor niggle but since it wasn’t designed for it it’s not a problem.

Posted by PCKid on September 18, 2006 at 11:24 PM (PDT)

I have a Mophie base case for my 5G 30.  It’s a great case for a case.  All cases suck, really.  So my iPod gets a bit scratched- who cares?  The main function fo me is making the thing not be so slippery and want to fall off of wherever I put it.  I would just as soon paint the back of the iPod with silicone adhesive, except that it would look shittier than even I can deal with, not to mention probably peel right off.  So iPod cases, cell phone cases and PDA cases?- 90% fussiness/vanity/gadgetlust and 10% useful, at best.

Posted by V. Price on September 19, 2006 at 4:35 AM (PDT)

p.s.  If you must have a case, though, do check out the Mophie stuff.  I am very picky and it is some of the best designed iPoddery I have seen yet.

Posted by V. Price on September 19, 2006 at 4:41 AM (PDT)

Yea, I would definitely need dimensions before I ordered this… especially for the steep price of 44.95 (but not so bad considering the materials).

Posted by Wade on September 19, 2006 at 7:40 AM (PDT)

Dan @ mophie

Here’s dimensions for you guys:

Knox is: 4” Tall 2.8” Wide, 1” Deep

for comparison/reference, a Blackberry 7250 is:
4.5” Tall, 2.9” Wide, .9” Deep

Posted by Dan @ mophie on September 19, 2006 at 7:46 AM (PDT)

Im in AUS and i want one!!

Any ideas Dan??

What colours are available?? Just the one?

Posted by Dave on October 3, 2006 at 11:18 PM (PDT)