More iOS 4 Updates: iTeleport, ToodleDo, Urbanspoon, Kindle
iTeleport has released an update to its VNC remote control application for iPhone and iPad devices, introducing support for iOS 4 Fast App Switching and the iPhone 4 Retina display. iTeleport 4.0.4 is available from the App Store for $25 and is a free update for current users.
Toodledo has updated its iPhone task management app to provide support for iOS 4 Fast App Switching and background synchronization when exiting. Toodledo 2.0.1 also provides support for the iPhone 4 Retina display, fixes a problem with the rotation lock on iOS 4 and improves French and Italian translations. Toodledo 2.0.1 is available from the App Store for $4 and is a free update for current users.
Urbanspoon has released an update adding Fast App Switching for multitasking-capable iOS 4 devices. There appear to be no other notable changes beyond iOS 4 support. Urbanspoon is available from the App Store as a free download.
Amazon has updated its Kindle app with optimizations for the iPhone 4 Retina display, but oddly does not appear to have added support for other new iOS 4 enhancements such as Fast App Switching. The release notes also continue to indicate that dictionary support and Google and Wikipedia lookups will also be coming “in the next release.” Kindle 2.1.1 is available from the App Store as a free download.
- Atari Fit, Launcher, Stormblades, Camera+ 6.2, GoodReader 4.1 + IMDb 5.0
- Apple pulls The Whole Pantry app amid developer scandal
- FREAK security flaws still present in popular iOS apps
- Nintendo to develop games for smartphones
- Age of Sparta, Google Calendar, Snow White + more
- Asphalt 8: Airborne 1.8, Calcbot 2.0, Gmail 4.0, Real Steel Champions, SimCity BuildIt Tokyo Town
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?