Most iTunes-Pepsi bottles purchased at one time? | iLounge News

Most iTunes-Pepsi bottles purchased at one time?

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Thursday, April 15, 2004
News Categories: iTunes

picTilt. Twist. Redeem. A USC freshman takes the iTunes-Pepsi tilt to heart. “As a USC freshman, I am forced to have a meal plan. This plan gives me $2500 “dining dollars” to spend over the semester. Given that it is incredibly difficult to purchase $2500 worth of food in such a short time, I realized I could turn this “money” into free songs on iTunes by purchasing Pepsi.” This person may hold the record for most iTunes-Pepsi bottles purchased at one time for a chance to win music.

« Apple reports iPod mini audio problems “extremely small”

Students wear iPod t-shirt all month to win iPod »

Comments

Ah, yes, the University of $poiled Children.  This is a waste of money and effort, not to mention Pepsi.  This kid sounds like an ###, and could’ve actually used that money.  But I’m sure the trunk full of hundreds in the new Mustang daddy bought him will be enough to cover anything he needs.

Posted by Jeremy on April 15, 2004 at 6:41 AM (PDT)

Dining dollers are not cash. They are dining dollers. You can spend them on campus at dining halls or you can let them go to waste. This kid found a loophole to get some of his money he spent on his meal plan back. I would have done the same thing.

Posted by Art on April 15, 2004 at 6:46 AM (PDT)

Darn.. I was hoping to be the first person to call this guy an idiot… crap Jeremy you beat me to it.  I guess this just goes to show that common sense can’t be taught.

Posted by jkc on April 15, 2004 at 6:53 AM (PDT)

How does one get around the fact that you can only redeem 100 caps per account?  I thought that was one of the “rules”.

Posted by schaaking in Minneapolis on April 15, 2004 at 6:54 AM (PDT)

Hey, JKC, and Jeremy, have you ever been under this type of plan? No. Obviously you haven’t. I wish I would of thought of this, I ended up buying a POS toaster because my dining plus money was about to go to nothing because it was the end of the semester.

Posted by ...Me... on April 15, 2004 at 6:55 AM (PDT)

I’m on one right now, although with much less money, and any unused amount gets refunded to my student account.

The only explanation for why he’d have so much left?  He had to get his meals somewhere, so he probably went out a lot.  Most likely with wads of cash from the trunk of the new Mustang daddy bought him.

Posted by Jeremy on April 15, 2004 at 7:07 AM (PDT)

hey ...me… I have been under such a plan and I… oh yeah I used it to eat… I didn’t waste it on senseless purchases.  Apparently you all were a little more spoiled than myself.  Personally, I barely scrapped by in college, I was doing good to eat most days… i welcomed the crappy dorm food.  I suppose this is because I had to work my way through college, my mom and dad didn’t just hand it to me on a silver platter.

Posted by jkc on April 15, 2004 at 7:07 AM (PDT)

What a senseless senseless waste. Some people in this world can’t find clean drinking water and this guy is dumping sodas down the trash chute.

Posted by cheddar on April 15, 2004 at 7:23 AM (PDT)

what a bunch of judgemental fucks.  i also used to have a meal plan at school.  at our university meals are way overpriced, you don’t get a dime back if you don’t use it all up by the end of the semester, and for the first two years you have to have a meal plan.
also, how do you know this kid doesn’t pay for his own food, or maybe it’s all on a bank loan or something anyways.  and maybe he was like me and actually prefers making his own food.  at least he found a creative way to use the plan to his advantage instead of being forced to pay for something he probably wouldn’t use up.  the point is you don’t know, so don’t be so quick to judge, because to the rest of us you seem like a much bigger ### than this kid.

Posted by AC on April 15, 2004 at 7:26 AM (PDT)

I dunno about all the judgemental stuff, but I’ve never seen a better use of pepsi….

Posted by ajservo1 on April 15, 2004 at 7:43 AM (PDT)

SUGER HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by WOLF MAN on April 15, 2004 at 7:55 AM (PDT)

Did he drink all that pepsi?

Posted by WOLF MAN on April 15, 2004 at 7:56 AM (PDT)

my school has the same plan but is all COKE (blah) so I just buy PowerBars (that I actually eat before actually exercising, heh).  I mean, I at least would’ve recycled the bottles…

I’m just jealous give me a free song.

But most importantly, what songs did this kid buy!?  That’s quite a few albums.

Posted by marc on April 15, 2004 at 7:57 AM (PDT)

“Ah, yes, the University of $poiled Children. This is a waste of money and effort, not to mention Pepsi. This kid sounds like an a**, and could’ve actually used that money. But I’m sure the trunk full of hundreds in the new Mustang daddy bought him will be enough to cover anything he needs.”

You are a #####. Dining dollars can’t be used for anything except meals, and $2500 in a semester is more difficult than it sounds. I also go to USC, and am offended by your comments. You don’t know the makeup of the people going to this school 100%, so go F yourself, a**hole.

Posted by psxguy85 on April 15, 2004 at 7:57 AM (PDT)

ALSO, whatever you don’t spend doesn’t get refunded or carried over to the next semester. WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO?!?? GIVE THE MONEY BACK TO THE SCHOOL!?

Posted by psxguy85 on April 15, 2004 at 8:00 AM (PDT)

I know this is alot of Pepsi to drink yourself, but this is a bit ##########… If I can say that.  Who cares about his student meal plan or the wads of euros in the trunk of his BMW, why show pictures of Pepsi just going down the trash.

If he was smart he would reseal it and sell the Pepsi for 25 cents.  I am sure there would be enough quarters to buy a 40gb then.

Posted by Andrew on April 15, 2004 at 8:09 AM (PDT)

From USC’s website (http://www.usc.edu/bus-affairs/admin_serv/uscard_serv/students/meal_plans.htm), this kid’s meal plan is the most extravagant.  I have an idea:  If you’re not going to spend that much money, and you KNOW you’re not going to, then get a smaller meal plan, you #####.

Posted by Jeremy on April 15, 2004 at 8:19 AM (PDT)

Ok this is so fake its not even funny. he must be using Many Many MANY differnt log ons for Itunes. YOu can only get a max of 200 songs. Whether hs is rich or pompous is none of our bussiness. How on earth could one pull this of? Each Itunes song can only be played on 3 computers. However he did this I’m rather impressed, IF it actually happened. But somehow I find it hard to believe. Am I skeptic or what?

Posted by I_Love_My_Ipod on April 15, 2004 at 8:20 AM (PDT)

“So where’s this guy who bought $2500 worth of Pepsi then?”
“Oh, that’s him vibrating in the corner over there”

Posted by Fenn on April 15, 2004 at 8:30 AM (PDT)

Tha tis some crazy kid!  Hahaha…that just makes me laugh to see something like that.  Everybody has their own prerogative…we don’t have to be judgemental about it…it’s his “money” so let him do with it what he wants!

Posted by Asian_N02 on April 15, 2004 at 8:38 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >